Home

Realistic weapons (uzi, etc...)

[OKD]Mangopork

Would it be possible to make real-life weapons such as an M-16 rifle or a modern day handgun, to replace the current JK2 weapons?

For my personal use i would enjoy firing bullets instead of lasers. Thats just my opinion though, please dont bash me for it.

Also, (this may be OT but the general forum isnt helpful), would it be possible to code it in so that there are no visible projectiles and the "bullets" hit instantly and make marks on the walls?

Thank you so much guys. Without this forum i would be fumbling in the dark about editing my favorite game.

Just about anything is possible when dealing with software, it's just a matter of having the time/resources/know-how to do it.

But seriously, it's Star Wars for a reason, if you're looking into something with real life weapons, I'd recommend Tactical Ops, it's muy bueno ;)

right well im not going to be interested in this game forever, and i dont plan on buying another game just because of the weapons.

Do you really think people are ONLY going to download skins, models and weapons because they belong in the StarWars universe?

just make your own model, replace what they have now, add correct tags and there u go.. and i think the lazer amo is used by shaders.. so edit them to be small.. and black/silver.. and there u go u got ur self realistic weapons(im not sure about the lazers thats just a guess!)

what does that have to do with anything ive said, throne?

they are saying realistic weapons dont belong in starwars, they are saying if you want realistic weapons go buy games that have realistic weapons.

im saying i dont want to go buy other games, i want to have fun with this one, and just having the same old blasters gets a little boring after a while so having a TC with realistic weapons would be fun, for me.

that point is only part of the whole point, which i fully understand.

Originally posted by Madjai

what does that have to do with anything ive said, throne?

they are saying realistic weapons dont belong in starwars, they are saying if you want realistic weapons go buy games that have realistic weapons.

im saying i dont want to go buy other games, i want to have fun with this one, and just having the same old blasters gets a little boring after a while so having a TC with realistic weapons would be fun, for me.

that point is only part of the whole point, which i fully understand.

If you have UT installed, Tactical Ops is free to download.

::snicker::

Thanks for the help guys. I am chuckling a bit now because you guys have no idea what i have in store for this game, involving modern day weapons :D .

Im not trying to ruin star wars here. But lets just say i have a "special" mod in planning that hasnt been done before. And thats all im going to say.

Thanks again for the help with the weapons.

::smiles::

Archived