Home

n00b needs help with HUD ?

arthoz

ok, so here's the deal, i wanna edit the hud, to suit my needs more, but i have no idea how to do it, found some "*hud*".png's in the assets0.pk or whatever the file name is, but i dunno what to else, just edit them and slap them in the assets file again or what?(haven't tried that yet since i dont know it'll kill the file).

i've tried finding tutorials to do this, but i cant find any, neither can i find any posts for editing the HUD...

so, can YOU help me? a reply or a tutorial would be great.

"An angel appeared in the skies above the fray, her clothes as flames, her armor as fire" -Hymn of Angelfire

Whatever you do, DO NOT EDIT ASSETS0.PK3. If you do, you won't be able to join MP servers. (for the most part)

Just make a new .pk3 file that has the same file paths as assets0.pk3.

pk3 files are loaded in reverse alpha order, so if the paths are the same, and the new pk3 has a name that would place it after assets0.pk3 in normal alpha order, it will overwrite the files in assets0.pk3, but still allow you to join pure servers, albeit without your new HUD.

I hope some of that makes sense.

nice, it worked. although, the colour of the armor-"bar" wont change. do i need to edit the hud.menu or something to change that?

("best" change i've seen is that it gets more transparent..)

:atat: :atat: torching people isn't that evil :atat: :atat:

(i've got jk2 on a different comp, and no network or floppy that works, and im to lazy to switch the harddrives and copy stuff over, so it'd help alot if you guys checked the file yourself ;)

Archived