Home

grappling hook

Orius

Any of you played Jedi Knights: Dark Forces 2 with any of the various grappling hook mods? If so, im sure you'll agree that it was pretty fun to use on some of the bigger maps with high ceilings. I was wondering if someone could make a tiny mod of a grappling hook with the same good physics that the DF2 one had. Not like the Shogo one where you go in a straight line towards the targeted area but where you swing to it like you would in real life.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the idea of grappling hooks but I think we could learn from the recent game, Spiderman the movie. In that you can 'web zip' directly above you or straight in any direciton as well as swing. If you could copy this idea into the jk2 system it would rule but with a grappling hook. It wouldn't have to be a 'hook' but maybe like a flat magnetic disk or something more 'jedi' instead of 'quakish'... just my thoughts...

I like the idea...but isnt the whole idea of being a jedi to be able to jump to anywhere you want to go? If the game did need a grappling hook, they would have included it. However if somebody made the mod I would download it. Good idea!

Archived