Home

JK1 levels to JK2 help! :(

Spoon_T_Rex

alright...I have no clue what I'm doing!

I got the editor, I have the JK1 level converter plugin--what do I do to be able to run the level after it is converted? or is there more to the process than simply clicking "convert" and then running the level?

If it is fairly simple, can someone please clue me in on what I can do to run the level (meaning step by patronizing step instructions).

Thanks in advance! :)

I don't know anything about the converter program you're using, or jk1 maps for that matter, but..

what sort of map is it? a compiled and playable map, or a map editor file?

If it's a compiled a playable map you are converting the program should produce a file "<mapname>.bsp"

Load the game, and in the console (shift + ~) type

map <mapname>

if it's an editor map file, a file <mapname>.map will be created. Put this file in the directory (create it if it's not there) called "maps" in your "base" directory under "GameData" usually. Run JK2Radiant (download it..), go file open, choose your map

To compile the map, in JK2Radiant choose BSP from the top menus and compile the map using preferably fullvis and light.

Do the same as for a bsp to play it (as a bsp should be created when you compile).

does the dos box close itself, or do you get impatient and think nothing is happening and close it? Let it go...

if the dos window closes itself and you're not getting a bsp there is most likely an error with the map file..leaks or something like that

by "closes" i could also mean the box's title get's "- Finished" added to it...

Archived