Home

Big SP project...

Jedi Marso

Does the following project idea interest anyone who can make JO SP levels?

I have a couple storyline ideas for a combined Jedi Outcast / X-Wing Alliance super single player campaign. What I'm basically talking about is creating a SW gaming experience using both games. Players would assume the role of the lead character, completing missions both "on the ground" (Jedi Outcast) and "in space" (X-wing Alliance). An example would be Luke's romp through Tatooine in ANH, followed by the escape of the Falcon from Tatooine, followed by the adventures on the Death Star, followed by the Battle of Yavin. A mission from one game would lead into a mission from the next, or perhaps sometimes playing a couple missions from one game in a row.

I'm a pretty good hand at editing Alliance, but I know nothing about editing shooters. I'd like to team up with someone (or a group) and develop what basically would be an expansion pack for both games, but most of all a cool SW gaming experience.

The actual storyline is something I could develop, although it could also be a team effort if other participants were interested in contributing story-elements. It would take some time to complete, especially as most people have lives outside of gaming, but the results could be super if it was done properly. :) A couple ideas might be as follows:

1. A planet is quarantined due to a mysterious virus-like illness that is decimating the population. Criminal and/or Remnant elements are involved. As the New Republic moves to blockade the planet in the interests of public safety, former Rogue Squadron pilot and Jedi Knight Corran Horn (or insert a different character here) is assigned to get to the bottom of what's really going on.

2. A potential Sith Lord (a former 'emperor's hand', such as Mara Jade started out) discovers clues that could lead him (or her) to a position of pre-eminent power in the galaxy. Our anti-hero must search and struggle to expand his power, avoiding detection and destruction by Skywalker's Jedi Knights as goes about this task. In the meantime, he discovers a hidden enclave of cloners with the potential to provide an army of oppression... (This one in particular would fill that craving for a 'Sith' SP campaign, with the bonus of being able to saber-fight Jedi Knights on the Outcast missions)

3. Prior to the invasion of the galaxy by the Vong, Nom Anor attempts to spark off a war between the New Republic and the mysterious Chiss in order to weaken both sides. He attempts this through lies, subterfuge, and misunderstanding. Our hero, a pilot and Jedi Knight, begins to suspect something is amiss and begins to search deeper for clues into the truth of the matter.

Comments, anyone?

All it needs are some willing participants. I actually had the XvT Balance of Power missions done for a joint XvT / JK project similar to the one I described above, but the guy who was going to do the JK editing bowed out before things really got rolling. I wound up releasing the missions as a campaign for Balance of Power. It was called the Battle for Tai Corva, or something like that. (It was a few years ago and I've since lost the files in a hard drive crash). Anyhow, it got some good reviews. I had nine out of ten missions for a sequel campaign completed, this time using X-Wing Alliance, when the above-mentioned drive crash wiped it all out. I just didn't have the heart to go back and start it all over again- it was about four months of all my spare time poured down the drain.

(I know- back ups!!!) Some of us learn our lessons the hard way. :(

If you are interested in a JO / Alliance collaboration of some sort, go ahead and e-mail me the details on what you are working on level wise, the plot, and which characters you are using and so on. It could be that something small (perhaps one JO SP level and either one or two Alliance levels) gets people interested enough to warrant a campaign size project with 4-5 JO levels and 10-15 Alliance levels. The ratio is just a toss up, but from what I've seen editing JK levels is a hell of a lot more intensive than putting together missions with AlliED for Alliance.

Anyhow, if you are interested, fire me an e-mail: abcns1@bellsouth.net

Archived