Home

OMG Raven, hurry up with the patch!!!

omses

omg dont flame me just yet, listen to what i have to say, I was just in 10 (yes 10) different "duel" games and in each one at least one person would ONLY do the 1 hit kill lunge in hard swing, thats right OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER (you get the picture) now it isnt invincible but its the most annoying thing ever and it makes me... hate the game! I cant stand it! the game has turned into a lunge fest! WTF is that! i didnt pay 80$ (im canadian) so that i could jump constantly till i killed someone. what a bore! I personally hope Raven COMPLETELY removes that stupid lunge, hard stance is powerful enough, i can easily beat anyone (ok not anyone) hard stance WITHOUT that stupid move. Im sure many (many) agree. Its just not fun anymore, and i love the dueling part, and that swing has ruined it!

sorry, i had to say it, its pissing me off!

i find i use it about half the time...sometimes its appropriate...and sometimes its foolish. If a person continually does it, you should be able to predict them move for move, and own them. Besides, best duel move, is to be close when it starts, and run in with a hard left slash, I won so many lamers that way.

anyway 1 hit, has several counters...i e...move the hell out of the way, or roll under and swing,while they are overhead, or kick them or push in non-duel...the list goes on.

btw what does this have to do with editing?

uh, the patch includes an edit of the hard stance. thats what!

and i dont htink you understand what i mean, i mean they do the hard "lunge" (as i will call it) and before there even out of the first one there into the second, like there NO break inbetween them, PLUS all duel lvl's are small, so it becomes hard to run/dodge after a while, and chances are if you get close you'll die (all there saber has to do is barely touch you, just a nick, and you dead)

If you have a problem with the "Lunge" attack:

#1. Leave the server

#2. Ask him politely to stop (hahaha)

#3. Run away from him like a little girl and throw your saber everytime he swings and jumps at you.

Step #3 works best. Soon you'll be able to actually swing, and hit, the jumper. Then they start whining and calling you a cheater because you can't, quote "hit me when I do that move, it's supposed to be 1 hit kill!"

hmm, yes, pathetic. Worthy of mercy? I think not.

Throw away gentlemen, throw away.

Yeah your cool flame him cuz you agree differnetly.

I don't play online personally, but it really is stupid and I can see in conjunction with force powers how this could be abused. I still find that you have a huge advantage when they do that in SP if you do 3-4 things but if they do it to much it should be brought to the communities attention.

fu ck flamers

OMG! I BOUGHT THIS GAME CALLED QUAKE AND THIS GUY KEEPS CAMPING THE ROCKET LAUNCHER!!!!!!!!! HE KEEPS KILLING ME OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER!!!!!!!PUT OUT A PATCH NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adapt to people's tactics, don't stick to yours and demand they change theirs. In Quake, people that camped the RL were just like lungers, they were seemingly invincible but they weren't. You had to adapt to their tactics and catch them off guard.

Raven will release the patch when they're done with it, not when you demand it. Impatient and don't want to wait? Take your game back to the store you bought it from.

Why is this in editing? It has nothing to do with editing.

Ok first off, Schizophrenic your an idiot, get off the board. secondly, JediGhost[sITH] sorrry, i didnt mention that i play in "no force" servers, so i cant throw, push or pull (that might help) im talking saber only, no force, so you cant jump high either. PLUS this is nothing like camping! wtf were you talking about? and if im wrong why would Raven take the time to patch this?

its in the editing forum because its a move that needs to be edited out.

If you cant throw, then when he does the big jump you can do 2 things:

#1 Run underneath him, do the overhead heavy swing and he'll jump right thru your saber (that 1 is fun)

#2 Wait for him to land the lunge, strafe around him and do the heavy side swing.. If your lucky (99% of the time) he wont keep up with you and your saber will hit him.

I can do both pretty easily on MY server.. That's with about 5 ping..

Whenever they do the lunge, they jump into the air.. If you see it coming (you probably will), run straight at him. Hopefully he'll jump, fly right over you. All's you have to do is do the overhead heavy swing (Run forward and hit attack). With any luck he'll lunge right over your head and your saber will cut his you-know-what off.

Ok first off, Schizophrenic your an idiot, get off the board.

That was just mean and utterly untrue :(

What's more, I agree that DFA needs to be tweaked a little so its damage radius is a little more realistic, and so it doesn't do the one hit kill well after its stopped moving...but aren't there enough threads about this?

For now stay WAY back from DFA'ers, and wait for them to screw up. Maybe getting 15/0 on a duel server will teach 'em :p (not that I ever have, I usually play with good people, not spammers...)

Archived