Home

Need help using Adobe Photoshop

Blackclaw

I would like to use Photoshop to do some skinning but whenever I save a file in photoshop, the Mod Viewer seems unable to load it when displaying the model which means the game would almost certainly crash if I tried to use the skin. I'm positive it has something to do with the way Photoshop saves jpgs.

I found another post which reported a similar problem. One response suggested saving the file as a bmp and then using Microsoft paint to save it as a jpg. I've tried this method without success.

I know people are successfully using photoshop to do this but no matter what I try and I can't get it to work. Would somone who is using photoshop please be kind enough to give me a run down on how they save their files? I've tried every setting I can find from low quality to high, but clearly I am missing something.

Thanks!

:eets:

I figured it out. It had nothing to do with photoshop. It was because I'm a moron. I'd created a new folder for the skin I was creating and had basically copied everything over to it from a base skin I was starting from. The problem was I didn't modify the directories in the .skin file accordingly so everytime I modified a file and renamed it, that file no longer worked. I was changing the name of the file in the .skin file, but not fixing the directory path so naturally Mod Viewer couldn't load it.

Thanks for your help.

-Blackclaw

:wstupid:

Archived