Home

MI3 on Windows 2000?

Hi everybody...I wanted to play the Curse of Monkey Island, so I bought it. The problem is that I have Win2k, and it seems to not no work under this system. Is a fix for this? any way to 'emulate' win98 on win2k? Any help appreciated. Thx in advance.

Joy

Unfortunately, there seems to be very little that can be done for you at this point.. According to LucasArts' Support Page for CMI:

We have not fully tested The Curse of Monkey Island under Windows NT and we cannot guarantee compatibility. Operating Systems such as MS-DOS, Windows 3.1, IBM OS/2, and Windows NT are not supported.

Since Windows 2000 is NT-based, whatever they state for NT applies.

Don't worry, That happend when I got Win2k. If it says you need to install DirectX5 just say yes and Instal it. If you have higher, it will not overwrite that higher version of directX it will just satisfy your computer.:D Help?

Originally posted by Kjølen

Don't worry, That happend when I got Win2k. If it says you need to install DirectX5 just say yes and Instal it. If you have higher, it will not overwrite that higher version of directX it will just satisfy your computer.:D Help?

Can you play MI3 on Win2k? When I try to install directx 5.0 it says 'installation succeded' but it then again prompts me to install it.

Archived