Home

Multiplayer Bug Exploit

OCybrManO

I just came across a bug in multiplayer games with force enabled and places that allow you to fall to your death... If one grabs the Light Force Enlightenment cube and falls to their death before the timer runs out... that person will die and respawn with all the forces on his side (and all pumped up to level 3).

I haven't tried it with the Dark Force one, but if that one works the same way... a Dark Jedi that did that bug exploit would have a considerable advantage over the other players... ESPECIALLY if the Force Level of the server is set very low.

[EDIT] Yep... same thing with dark.[/EDIT]

Someone please confirm this for me... if it's not just me... they need to get this fixed... If it's just me, they can leave it in :D

Originally posted by TheDarkSide

This particular bug was noticed VERY early on after the game came out, and Raven is aware of it. Expect it to be fixed when the patch comes out this week (Friday I think).

TDS

Questions:

1. How do you 'know' they are aware of it?

2. How do you 'know' it will come out this Friday?

Thanks, and I don't mean to be insulting, just asking.

:)

Of course I don't "know" for I am not an employee of Raven, but on one of the posts, from a reply someone had gotten from Kenn H. I thought mentioned a patch that would be out this week, most likely Friday. Of course, I have since been proved wrong as it is out NOW!!

Haven't test the force boon error yet though...

TDS

I DO know they are aware of it, and I DO know that they fixed it VERY early. I contacted them with this very bug (since I was not about to post it on a public forum like some big mouthed moron trying to help cheaters out or something), and they replied with:

Rich already fixed this

Michael Chang Gummelt

Gameplay Programmer: Jedi Knight II

Raven Software

http://www.ravensoft.com

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Sunday, May 05, 2002 4:27 PM

To: 'Kieren Smith'

Cc: Whitehouse, Rich; Gummelt, Mike

Subject: RE: Bug involving force holocrons in multiplayer

Thanks for the report. I will pass this along to the MP guys.

--Kenn

If you find something like that you QUIETLY send it to the people who write the patches. You DO NOT MAKE IT PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE SO EVERY IDIOT WANTING TO CHEAT HAS AN EASY TIME OF IT!

• 5 weeks later...

Archived