Home

Heavy Stance Whiners..

Dominator

WTF is the problem with heavy stance.. It is easy to dodge. I mean it is supposed to be strong cause it is so slow. Come on ppl. Just cause you don't know how to use it, don't mean you gotta rag on it. Once I learned the move and learned how to take advantage of it i can counter the move.

There is always someone out there ruining a good game.

Come to my server and i will show you how to counter it.

gessh bunch of llamas ruining a game

Dominator

Amen brotha... I don't know what's up with people crying so much on this board. This is too powerful, that is too powerful, boo hoo. I'm still getting my ass kicked in MP every once in a while, but there's NOTHING un-counterable there, not even spammed DFA...

I play a great deal of MP and indeed get my ass kicked plenty but I also kick some ass a bit too.

Really, I dont see what these whiners are all about. Stances are really personal preference, some people are just good with a quick stance, forgo-ing accuracy for speed while some accurate and tactical people prefer heavy. It really boils down to that.

The only rant I can really understand and side with is drain because it is truly the one uncounterable power. Absorb? Better have a good ping and they can just wait anyway. But otherwise there really is nothing that cant be countered. (I hate it when people whine about grip and push, unless grip is combined with drain (sooo cheap) its easily counterable)

theres no reason crying about it. whichever side of the issue youre on, it doesnt matter. its being changed next patch. as the lamers love to say, "deal with it". no more lame one hit kills for the noobs. :) everyone keeps saying "now thats its being changed people will just find something else to whine about". well, your right. as soon as one cheap method is removed someone will discover another and exploit it. as these cheap tactics are fixed with patches, the game will become balanced, and lamers will either learn to earn their frags or get angry and quit.

jarek

Yep. Give the masses some more time to catch up to us jedi-oldbies and see just how long this heavy stance debate goes on. I am a heavy stance guy...period. Medium and light stance are too wussy (I mean hell, am I here to dance or to slice things up?)

Soon we will have all the anti-grippers, the anti-pushers, anti-lightning, and anti-healers complaining. (Sorry, but I use dark forces too.)

Enough complaints....time for coffee and jedi.

Hawkeye

Actually I don't think it is being REMOVED, but the hitbox is being sorted, and some other BUGS with heavy stance (attacks not working as they should be, hitting where they shouldn't) are being changed. That's all. If my understanding is correct it will still be a one-hit kill, but it won't be able to do it to you when you are twelve meters to one side of it and accelerating anymore.

good to see ppl agree with me. Cause I think it is just the noobs crying about it. Hell I thought it was ****ty when I first started. BUt then I figured out how to do it and use it to advantage.

Everytime a game changes the way it was..when it was a really good game. It goes crap-o-la.

I played Q3A UrT then we have a bunch of freaking whiners get on and say this was wrong and this was not right.. They changed the game cause of them and they lost a lot of there devoted Old skoolers.

Please don't let that happen here.

scott

dont take this the wrong way but heavy stance is for nubies

when i started playing online i would start swinging outside of a battle and run in i would get like 4 kills every time, but now when i have gotten better i go in with light and kill everone there 6-9 at a time. heavy stance is for nubes or the best skilled hororable players!!!!!!!!!!!

Added to the Whiner's Guide:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=518971

Heavy Stance Revisted:

The Heavy Stance sucks! I can get hit from really far away! It's a spam Stance!

:ball:

Relax - the Raven Dev is working on it in the upcoming patch.

Will it be nerfed? Probably not.

Will the 3 foot or so damage radius be fixed? Yes.

As you can see they are only going to tweak the damage radius. They aren't going to the change the way it fundamentally works . . .

Read Below:

" sent them a suggestion and got this reply!

"Consider it forwarded. Just a note: the heavy stance has been tweaked heavily in the pending patch to balance it better.

--Kenn

Kenn Hoekstra

Project Administrator/

Director of Support Services

Raven Software Corporation

http://www.ravensoft.com/"

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49580&pagenumber=1

Also, to be more clear, they told another forum poster some more detailed info:

"Rogue74

Pit Droid

"Ok, well if anyone objects it's NewBJedi's fault

First email:

"Perhaps "tweaked heavily" was an overstatement. There were some errors with the radius damage, etc. the attack did that were adjusted. We're not fundamentally changing it...just fixing some things we missed in the original incarnation."

Second:

"No problem. The message I wanted to convey was that we're aware of the problem and trying to fix it. I didn't want to make it sound like we were cutting the legs out from under it, so to speak. "

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49580&perpage=40&pagenumber=2

I dont mind heavy stance in fact, I use it quite a bit for some quick kills. But what really sucks is that I cant kill that much anymore because of the fact that I lag wayyyyyyyyy ro much for a reason I do not know, I even have cable too :/ Good thing I just smile when I die.

Originally posted by GB_StormTrooper

I dont mind heavy stance in fact, I use it quite a bit for some quick kills. But what really sucks is that I cant kill that much anymore because of the fact that I lag wayyyyyyyyy ro much for a reason I do not know, I even have cable too :/ Good thing I just smile when I die.

Try this:

Shift ~ = console

rate 10000 = that's 4 zeros.

See if it helps.

The only problem that I have with the heavy stance being used as a primary stance for the whole battle, is that its utterly boring in duel servers. And that goes without saying it sucks. I wait my arse off for over 20 minutes ( lmao) to battle, then I get hit from 5 feet away whilst I am doing wall run. As I said in another thread, it is nothing like battling in the movies. Its more like battling JK style, although not as fast and just not that fun. As far as in fairness, it would most likely be the most horrible stance if it were not for the hit distance. It seems like just about everyone dodges it when I watch in duel servers, or am just plain watching, although they die anyway. I almost never see anyone stand there while the red stance takes 5 minutes to slash anyway. Other than the horrible hit distance, it is actually a good stance. If it is used multi like, such as with the blue stance, then switched to red. I would not have a problem with it, but since I know the thing can hit over 10 feet, I have to totally stay away from them during there attack. Which is kind of boring. Just my two cents.

1558118772.m.gifObi-Wan Kenobi: Don't defy the council, Master, not again.

Qui-Gon Jinn: I will do what I must, Obi-Wan. :saberb:

Yeah, the newer players ruin the games because people are more experinced then them. I in fact (if they change things TOO much) will send letters,e-mails and what not telling them to change it back. If you can't fight with a saber use a gun....

I met a guy who was on for the first time last nite.

I had him step aside and I showed him how to spin his saber around him, how to kick people, and use pull and force push to make the enemy more vulnerable.

He ended up getting first and second place in the rest of the games during the night.

All it takes is someone to help out the newbies. :)

Nice job. :)

Cheesy comment:

I believe it's our obligation as we become more 'seasoned players' to show the 'newbies' how to play better instead of just complaining about them all the time.

It's the only true way to make this a better community.

• 3 weeks later...

Heavy stance takes skill to use, and skill to evade. So if you get killed all the time by a heavy stance guy, he is probably more skillfull than you.

:duel:

By the way, ligthning is for newbies. Seriously, everyone can run into a crowd of people, pressing f all the time and get three frags.

It takes no skill to use.

:lsduel:

Yes, but similarly we should think about teaching them WHEN to use some of the tactics we can show them - nobody likes* being called a lamer, and I'd personally much rather any students I teach learn to fight "honourably" so they can get more enjoyment out of a satisfying fight and a clean kill. This isn't the same as never using "cheap" tactics, it's just using them when the time is right, rather than repeatedly trying to get them off and failing apart from the last attempt.

And as for what takes the most skill, the most skilled users switch stances as and when the situation demands it, and know what to use against what type of tactic/player - THAT'S skill, since it requires you to know ALL the stances, not just one.

Archived