Home

Kaiburr Saga - Lightsaber Combat Expansion Mod

osirusman

Hey,

We're looking for some good dedicated people to join the Kaiburr Saga team. Check out http://www.kaiburrsaga.com and see what its all about. In short, the mod adds double and dual sabers in addition to many new saber styles. It will be 'what JK2 could have been'. The characters will be only Jedi or Sith from across the Star Wars timeline. Also the server is given much more customizability and the voting system gets a ton of additional options. For all you guys who play in Saber only Duel servers, this mod will make you happy. We are also adding 'team duel' IE: 2v2 or 1v2 etc...

When you apply on the form, put this code at the bottom of the "why you want to join" section and you will get special priority.

LFUSER

This mod will be, if not the first, one of the best double saber modifications. Utilizing a system of management, the Kaiburr Saga team will produce the mod quickly and efficiently. Positions open include: Animators, Coders, Mappers, Modellers, 2d Artists, Tech Consultants (check the site for the definition), and Management. This mod is going to be seen through to the end, so expect to be playing a fully functional version within a month of the release of the SDK.

Hope to see your submittion!

Osirusman

It is a MP mod.

Dude, thanks for the site! It is going to be very very helpful.

Anyone who has submitted a join form should re-apply because the webmail server was upgrading and nothing got through the past half an hour.

sounds cool.

a possible saber stance: one handed(only works with single saber, obviously). you can do fast, medium damage attacks, but you have no saber-parrying abilities. u can use some force powers at the same time as attacking/blocking blasters.

also, grabbing onto ledges is something you might want to add.

one more idea: directional force. ie: press [backward] and [force push] would have you throw your hand behind you and force push in that direction, without turning around. would make for some cool grip sequences.

jh

I would be very interested in helping out. I am not one for using 3DSMax, only due to my lack of UI knowledge. When it comes to problem solving, Im your man.

I, too, wanted to integrate the double-lightsaber into multiplayer. I succeeded...sorta, by isolating the game code(s) for enabling cheats. I changed all the codes that would othewise wreak havoc, and instead only allowed the code "/thedestroyer" to be accessable.

I have a link to it in here, perhaps you might have seen it already.

Anyway, I am interested in assisting in any way I can. :)

This mod sounds interesting to me but I think putting a release date on a mod with few team members before the release of any source is a bad idea. I am interested in making a mod and have quite a bit of C/C++ experience, none of which is modifying Quake3, so I will be getting used to everything on release before doing anything useful. At that time I'll decide what I want to to do. Lets hope they release soon :)

Hey, sounds good osirusman, but I hope it's something you can realistically accomplish... just make sure to put in a few single handed styles... like one for Vader, how he uses a single saber with one hand... and one like Exar Kun's... where he uses a double bladed saber with one hand.

Archived