Home

making my skin into into a pk3 file

Bucke

can some one tell me in very simple terms how i can make my skin i have made into a pk3 file

(the turtorial thing just confuses me)

i have winzip and winrar

also is there a way to view skins in modview while making them or do i have to wait till ive finished and turned it into a pk3?

well, u need to have a folder named models, in there another called players and in that one another called *yourskin* (ie : stormtrooper). make new zipfile, make sure u uncheck *save full path info*, then select the folder (models and/or botlist) and click on add with wildcards. Then rename the .zip extension to .pk3

well, thats what the tutorial says anyways

Originally posted by Dr. Outcast

well, u need to have a folder named models, in there another called players and in that one another called *yourskin* (ie : stormtrooper). make new zipfile, make sure u uncheck *save full path info*, then select the folder (models and/or botlist) and click on add with wildcards. Then rename the .zip extension to .pk3

well, thats what the tutorial says anyways

thanks. i can make a pk3 file now ...

but when i do then extract it, its missing botfiles, script and sounds folders and the files within the folders

- how do i add these?

my skin is a modification of the jan one - where can i find hers to add?

when i try open it with modview i get an error message saying

"filesystem call made without initailization"

startup winzip (or for better overview winrar) and open up the assets0.pk3, in there u can see models/players/jan

but for sounds u have to add them accordingly, which means keep all the subfolders, best way is to unzip (unrar) the folder from sounds (jan) and replace the sounds or add, and then add those to the assets file

Archived