Home

Gameplay Patch - Bleh

WD_Rage

What? Gameplay patch? Why a gameplay patch? I have found that the gameplay is fine (slow compared to JK1, but fine). Is it because people are complaining about the powerful one hit kills, the powerful secondary blast of the HR, the powerful secondary of the fletchet, and the awesomely powerful rocket launcher?

I'm sorry, but I'm an old school JK1 player. I played FF Oasis and FF BGJ religuosly. The game is already toned down from JK1. Why tone it down even more?

Instead of "tweaking" the weapons and attacks, why not tweak the actual game. I find it rather annoying to load out my force powers only to find they do not work (yes, I've respawned after changing the powers). I find it annoying that JK2 crashes when trying to leave a server, and I end up having to reboot. The latter doesn't happen all the time, but enough for me to notice.

Please do not tone the game down more than it already is.

The tweaks are more in terms of problems with the heavy saber stance: There's a problem with the forward jump/slash (DFA) move that means it can hit you when you are nowhere near it. That's a gameplay tweak. I can only hope that the Repeater's secondary fire rate will be slowed down - that's just nasty.

As for the loading of force powers there is an odd thing there (I just learned to live with it). If your force powers need to be changed when you join a server you get the chance to alter them before spawning, but upon spawning you will find there has been no change, do the following:

Open the force powers again (while spawned) and alter them again, even if it is as small as taking off a point and putting it straight back on again. This tells JK2 to load your new force config on your next spawn. It doesn't seem to do so when you arrive in a new server. Very odd.

Archived