Home

stuck on NS

Raphael75

I'm stuck on NS. I'm on the catwalk that leads into the room with the pool of water and the sparking pipe. It looks like I need to get up to the ledge above the pool, but I can't jump high enough. I can see some enemies up there, but I can't get to them. Everytime I try to jump up there I fall in the water and instantly die.

I saw another message where someone said he was able to shoot the pipe and destroy it, but I've fired everything at it with no effect.

PLEASE HELP!

I've attached a pic:

NS-Stuck.jpg

Do I somehow need to jump up there on the platform where the droid is? I've tried and I can't jump that high. What do I do?

In the back left hand corner of the first room , I think there is a barrel that you can shoot to blow a hole in the wall to gain access to the sealed off area. In the next room you should be able to saber the short circuiting machinery which will now allow you to enter the water without dying. Next use force pull on the bridge to extend it and this will give you the extra height needed to jump up to the roof. It's been a while since I did this level so I may be wrong but I hope this helps you out:)

Originally posted by rwhitty

In the back left hand corner of the first room , I think there is a barrel that you can shoot to blow a hole in the wall to gain access to the sealed off area. In the next room you should be able to saber the short circuiting machinery which will now allow you to enter the water without dying. Next use force pull on the bridge to extend it and this will give you the extra height needed to jump up to the roof. It's been a while since I did this level so I may be wrong but I hope this helps you out:)

You were correct. It wasn't very obvious that you were supposed to shoot that "barrel". I wish there had been something on it that indicated that it was full of explosive material. :) It looked like it was just decoration.

I guess the theme of this game is "if in doubt, shoot it" :)

Originally posted by Raphael75

You were correct. It wasn't very obvious that you were supposed to shoot that "barrel"

You're going to have to have a good eye out for these 'barrels' as they appear alot through out the game. Just like the grates.

i am able to get past all these....but my problem seems to be that after using force pull to extend the bridge, i can't jump high enough to land on top of the roof where the alien was. how did u guys do it?

Originally posted by Arefiend

i am able to get past all these....but my problem seems to be that after using force pull to extend the bridge, i can't jump high enough to land on top of the roof where the alien was. how did u guys do it?

Once you destroy the pipe in the room, you can enter the water and get close enough to pull the bridge out.

Does this help?

Originally posted by Stewie130

You're going to have to have a good eye out for these 'barrels' as they appear alot through out the game. Just like the grates.

I'm on the Caim Assembly level, but so far that was the only time I remember seeing a barrel like that. I've seen plenty of those boxes with the yellow paint that you can shoot, but I don't remember one of those hexagonal (I think) barrels.

Originally posted by Raphael75

Once you destroy the pipe in the room, you can enter the water and get close enough to pull the bridge out.

Does this help?

Well not quite.... You see, I have gone into the water w/o getting "zapped" and extended the bridge. Now I'm standing on the bridge, but somehow I can't jump high enough to go up the roof. :confused: helppppp!!! Been stuck here for almost a week now.......... : (

I have found that for some reason I can jump somewhat higher if I switch to third person view (the default keybind for this is "P"). Once on the bridge I have no trouble getting up to the roof. But I cannot get past this point. There is a ledge over the droid with a grate that you can shoot out but HERE is where I cannot jump high enough. Where do I go from here.

As for not being able to jump high enough, try crouching at the top of the jump as this sometimes brings the feet up just enough to make some of the jumps.

When you get on the roof look over the edge and you will see 2 ledges (yellow I think). Try using force powers on the closest one. As I said before, it's been a while since I did this level so I may be wrong:)

Archived