I have yet to try

7-4-1

1-4-7

9-6-3 and

3-6-9

Originally posted by blujay

To do the DFA now:

Swing.

Wait until the animation is halfway finished.

Press Jump and Swing at the same time.

In other words, it's the same as before, except you have to press swing AND jump, whereas before you just pressed jump.

WTF is dfa???????????

Death From Above, also referred to as the heavy lunge. It is an unblockable move, that deals a large amount of damage.

It used to be spammed a lot, especially because you could rotate to face your enemy during the move, and they'd die instantly even if they just touched your sabers tib with their feet while you recovered from the move.

After the patch, damage has been reduced a lot, mainly due to the fact that near the start and end of the move, the saber does less damage (people usually hit with it right at the end of the animation). Also, while it is execured, and while you wait to get up after you land, you cannot rotate or move anymore, thus leaving you open for counterattack.

To execute the move, make a swing in the heavy stance (running forwards and hitting attack for an overhead slash works fine). Keep holding the attack button, and when the swing is in the middle of its animation (just after your second hand grips the hilt if you do the overhead swing) hit jump and forwards simultaneously. If you do it correctly, your character should pull his/her saber behind his/her back, leap forwards and swing the saber ahead of them in an overhead arc, before landing, kneeling and driving the blade into the ground in front of them.

im not sure if the blue lunge had this before, but ive noticed something new about it.

the first time you execute the lunge it does the normal upwards slice, but if you hold the move the second time it now does a slight attack downwards finishing with an "umbrella" attack over the right shoulder.

Hm? Please elaborate. do you hold down crouch, forward and fire throughout the execution of the first lunge, and keep them down until you execute the second lunge? I have been unable to duplicate the move you describe.

yes, hold crouch, forward and attack and dont let go.

the first attack will be a simple slice that starts down and moves up. the second attack will first be down towards his right side, then he brings the saber up from behind, starting at the ground towards his head, all over the right side of his body. He does it really fast, but its easy to notice its different.

Ah, yes. It works now. I'm not entirely sure wether it's an intentional move, though. the animation seems to be the same as a normal blue lunge, but the saber rotates on its own, without the hand doing anything about it. the unsteady camera makes it hard to tell though.

Just run towards your opponent. Once you're close enough to smell what they had for lunch (that would be garlic and cheese, by the way), hit jump while still holding forwards. I beleive you need force jump to do this. anyway, if you do it correctly, your character will do a backwards flip off them, kicking them in the face in the proces.

I found that since to do a backflip you have to doubletap the jump key, and the kick involves doing backflip off someone, you have to doubletap jump to kick them. Also works for side kicks and somehow I once triggered a sort of sideways kungfu style flying kick, but that may have been the animation suddenly going to wallwalking halfway through. Although he did have his feet together the entire time, until landing, so dunno.

As for the medium style cartwheel, I've found you can trigger it at any range as long as your crosshair is red (ie over an enemy), you just press forward+jump+attack at the same time or in very close sequence to trigger it.

Is there a definitive list somewhere of all the possible moves in each stance?

I think it should also be noted that you can wallrun off of people. It launches you into the air, so try hitting a wall in the air, and you'll continue running.

Nax

in the patch u cant kick people in the face!!!!

WTF!!!

that is one of my favorite tactics!

kick em in the face, nock em down and hit them with ur lightsabre until they fall apart!!

now that is really annoying! I MEAN REALLY!

Steg

Archived