Home

ArtifeX's saber and force guides

ArtifeX

I wanted to let you guys know that I'll be updating both of the current strategy guides, force and saber, to include the information from the new patch. These will be posted hopefully sometime this week at the new home of the *ASC* site. I'll include new sections in both that will detail all changes made to saber fighting and every force power. As usual, I'll be thorough in the extreme and be completely open to user submissions and issued challenges from those who don't agree with my findings.

Just by browsing through the boards here after my initial run through the new mp game I can tell you that I've uncovered a lot of surprising stuff not yet mentioned here.

Great, Arti!

Thanks for helping with the new MP patch. I'm interested in some of the new moves.

Especially if the "pull some one off thier feet, get them in 8 o'clock position and bacwards+attack=round house move" is still there.

I have downloaded the patch, but I am waiting to apply it until I go and check the servers today. I'm wondering if my fav's - saber only CTF servers have updated before I do...

BTW, you are great to do the walk-thru's. I appreciate your hard work and candid humor.

Dim-Ize

Originally posted by Aegis

I have noticed that all your strategies seem to rely on being able to use the force. I'm just curious to see as to how effective your tactics in a no force server.

well, im as yet undefeated in the iglnet no force saber tournament if that helps.

I'll be posting demos of my techniques on the new *ASC* site, so you'll be able to see them in action in FF and NF duels.

Umm.. where is your site located? Secondly, what is this speak of new moves? Are these player designed, thus requiring unofficial patches? Or are these hidden moves in the standard game?

Lastly, can somebody who is patched for special moves be able to play on a server that doesn't have the patch, or with players who do not own the patch? I'm a newbie to all this.

Red and yellow in particular have new moves that are done with key combinations and timing, blue has combos in the patch.

And no, if you patch, you can't play on unpatched servers.

- Vorax

OoOh.. you mean the official patch. Ok, I thought some ingenious hackers had created their own to add new moves (correct me if this is indeed the case).

Just curious. Any clue on what the new moves are (no need to give the key combos, I'll hack those on my own)?

Originally posted by qibbish

OoOh.. you mean the official patch. Ok, I thought some ingenious hackers had created their own to add new moves (correct me if this is indeed the case).

Just curious. Any clue on what the new moves are (no need to give the key combos, I'll hack those on my own)?

I would actually like the key combo's just cause i'm a little dense!

Artifex is indeed deadly with and without the use of the force powers...

As far as his site - he currently is relocating to another server from what I hear... His current server was a free hosting site and they temporarily shut his site down for exceeding allocated bandwidth for the month...

BTW Artifex - Come kill me when you got some time...

My Server goes by the name "*ASC* -Ravenloft Neutral Duel-" now... :) It rotates all the default Duel maps and allows all neutral forces. When more people get the custom maps I'll start adding them into rotation.

CRCError

I've been in talks with the person behind jkii.net, who is ultimately responsible for who gets hosted and who doesn't, but thus far they have not responded to my emails. I'm looking at a 3rd party host now that has offered me a really great package for free! (Huge thx, Rene of electrogenesis.com)

If all works out, I'll be using a domain name that I own, http://www.oculis.org, and the *ASC* site will be beneath that. (oculis is going to be dedicated to my digital illustrations)

As far as the new guides go, I spent the whole day yesterday probing the new patch and came up with some surprising (and some horrifying) discoveries. God, some of you are going to be really, really upset...

By the time I get things hammered out with electrogenesis.com and get my domain name pointed to their dns, then I should have the complete writeup done for both Force Powers and Saber Fighting.

edit: forgot. I've also drawn up a new mascot illustration--everyone who's seen it thinks it's pretty swanky!

Watch the forums for my grand reopening post!

Originally posted by BoBa feTTichiNi

I need to fight you your getting on my nerves -.-:fett:

All talk, no action. We've tried to set this up before, remember? Your interest seems to fade once things start moving forward.

Archived