Home

Heavy Stance Combos explanation and Demo

Darth Sun

The heavy stance combos work like this:

Two swings if you hold the same direction.

Example: if you keep running forward you will do two downward heavy swings.

Up to three swings (including spin slashes) if you cycle through directions in a clockwise or counter-clockwise direction.

Example of clockwise direction: first swing is forward slash, second swing is diagonal right forward slash and third swing is strafe right slash (this last one being a spin actually)

Just reverse directions for counter clockwise (of course).

Any three directions in a clockwise or counterclockwise motion (you CANT skip directions, you must go through all three to make it work) will give a 3 slash combo in heavy stance.

Two swings in one direction plus an extra swing in either a clockwise or counterclockwise adjecent direction to the first repeated direction.

Example: first make two left slashes followed by a diagonal forward left (or backwards left) slash.

Here are most of the explained combos in a demo.

http://pwp.netcabo.pt/dark-sun/jo/heavycombos.dm_15

This is it, just wanted to show something useful to the JO community and help it grow with this new patch.

I might do a medium stance demo soon since Im discovering quite a nice variaty of combos with it wich were not in the previous version.

Darth Sun

Ichimoto Factory

Ya, I noticed that red move also. Yellow spin swing is easier then that, but harder then it was:

back+attack +.25 second delay, right or left

This is a much better fighting system I think, because it takes more timing and practice to get the big moves down. More like Soul Caliber or something along that sorta fighting game.

- Vorax

The patch hasnt been out that long and I remember when I first played online I though how horribly unbalaced it was, but as I became better at the game I found out that it was quite balanced and need some tweaks here and there. I really cant say if this patch is better yet because there is a learning curve to adjust to timming and figure out counters. I really enjoy the saber fights, man do they look pretty now. My initial feeling is that this patch is a good thing and a great start to balance the game as best as possible. I have even switched my stance from heavy to medium. I always wanted to use Medium because of its great backstab and now I can.

Archived