Home

THE NEW DFA's (multiple)

zufuss

DFA = Death From Above.

I don't know this for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if this term became popular in gaming circles, from Battletech. It was the name of a move in the board game that was included in the various mechwarrior games. You launched your mech into the air and landed on the target mech, doing a great deal of damage.

It dates back to before BT I know, proably back to WWII when paratroopers started to be used in warfare. But it was comonly used in BT.

DFA stands for death from above. It's the red combo that used to be an unblockable, one hit one kill move. Pre-patch it had this gigantic kill radius around it, and things like the saber being wedged into the ground after the move would still kill an opponent.

Post patch it is partially blockable, and they fixed the hit detection around it. You also can't move or turn mid-air while executing it anymore. You can pull off now as follows:

(only one of a few ways)

Red stance: fwd+attack; then wait til middle of the swing; attack, then jump. These last two steps have to been done quickly, and NOT at the same time, attack has to be done first.

Other ways involve holding down the attack key, moving forward and then timing your jump at the right time.

TDS

I saw this in use last night, it caught me off guard at first but it is countered fairly easily. When they run at you and turn around to do thier backstab, I just backstrafe a little and depending on distance and angle I will either toss a saber or hit them with a slash (tapping back and slashing in yellow comes out quick enough).

It's kinda funny, this guy used it a lot killing me quite a few times and once I started tossing a saber at him he got very angry and rambled about me not having any honor...lol!

I got on a force duel server last night also and enjoyed it much more than I used to. I saw the pull move you guys are talking about but it doesn't work when you have absorb on :)

the problem is of course not 1on1...how often do you get into a 1on1 situation in ffa? or even TDM when your fighting you can't keep your eyes peeled 24/7 for some dood running backwards the hole time...

Not to mention THEY DONT have to be directly behind you anymore. They can practically be side by side and still pull the move off...and the reason it sucks is because it STILL hits 3 times if you swing around.

If you see some moron running backwards towards you why dont you just sidestep, prepare a heavy horizontal slash (strafe + primary) then strafe back? it's generally what i do and it tends to work pretty well. Then again you could always push/pull/grip and that would end matters even more quickly. Just wait for them to start the swing and push/pull and then swipe them. Of course it's a gay move but it's even more satifying to know that you killed some loser janitor(again referring to the description above) with an even cheaper move. if you dont wanna be cheap you can dodge a bit and then sweep them. just be patient and an opportunity will arise. :D

Archived