Home

Jedi 2 and Voodoo 3

RIPSTAR

Have a Voodoo 3000. Ya I know its an unsupported chipset.

Jedi knight 2 runs well on my system, except I loose mouse control in the save game screen.

Mouse jumps all over and difficult to save game.

Also if main character dies, then a reload caused game to freeze.

Any one else have similar problems and is thre any fix for same?

I have all the recent Voodoo drivers, I think as of Feb 2000 was the last.

I usually can make one save befor the mouse pointer decides to freak, so the game is palyable, but saving is annoying.

Thanx if you can.........:bdroid2:

Hello. I know what you mean regarding the funky mouse treatment in the save game or load game screen while playing JK2O. I have noticed that the reloads can take a long time depending on your settings, upwards of around 10-20 minutes if i run maxed out. 1024x768 textures to high or medium marks on etc. However it does not freeze. Seems like it does since it sits there for the above mentioned time, but it will load. Try using the F-12 key to quick save and the F-9 key to quick load instead of using the load/save menu in the game. That helps tremendously. Mostly if I play low end 640x480 textures to low, marks on, vertex lighting and high sound it runs good, short load times and no lockups, but my systems is just too old to do better. The cut scenes will not even play for me.

System:

Ancient PIII 450 (Katmai)

256 M ram

V3

SB audigy < helps alot> Go figure

I have a voodoo3, and it works fine, just not awesome video quality that you'd get w/a Geforce or somethin like that. Here's what ya do.....OK, download wickedgl, and after you install that, rename your Jedi Knight 2 executables (both single and multiplayer, in your GameBase folder) to quake3.exe and install the opengl drivers to it from the wickedgl console. Only do them one at a time tho..ie, rename single player, add the drivers..rename it back to its original file name, then do the same for multiplayer. That should do it. Worked for me. :D

pbdrummer and RIPSTAR, what are your specs for your CPUs? I am thinking about getting this game and I also have a Voodoo 3, but I have a 350 mhz processor, so I don't know if I can run it... just wondering if you have similar specs to mine.

Archived