1. 1. Does the patch SUCK?

• Royally, get rid of it, it\'s ruined the game
    • Yes, but it\'s tolerable
    • No, I love the nerfs in it
    • Huh?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would all the people think that the patch haters are whining because they cant spam dfa, STFU and STICK YOUR HEADS IN YOUR ASSES, THE FKING GAME IS BORING !!!!! IT HAS LOST SOOO MUCH OF IT"S RUSH, TENSION AND ABOVE ELSE FUN !! I swear it was the best Ive ever played online EVER, and now I FCKING HATE IT, I FCKING HATE IT. IT"S LIKES SOMEONE GIVING U PURE BLISS AND THE SUDDENTLY DECIDED TO GIVE YOU A FCK IN THE ASS. IT"S NOT FUN ANYMORE< GET THAT THRU YOU THICK SKULLS !!!!!! I"TS NOT ABOUT SPAMMING DFA< I"TS ABOUT THE GAME BEING A FKING WRECK NOW< BORING BORING FKING BORING!!!!!!

BRING BACK 1.02 !!!

BRING BACK 1.02 !!!

The "Newbies gets kills easier" remark is the supidest thing ever!

This game is still a testing of skills vs skills no matter what you think, its always (almost) the best player who comes out on top.

Now the saber duels do go on ALOT longer i can gree with that, and it IS also harder too get a kill but these things just improve gameplay. I always wanted long even duels in this game not the ones pre patch that could be over in 2-3 seconds (although this still does happen)

What the game was about before was wait for the fellow to attack and then counter it, now you have too swing alot more but this does not make it a less skillfull way of playing as you will have too dodge alot more swings aswell.

I dont win as much as i did before, the game has become harder, but it dosent matter as i still have fun playing, alot more fun i might add.

This is a more balanced version of the game I have no idea how anyone can think differently, so what if you have problems killing the spinning N00bs just learn too counter it that is what have always been said when someone whines about the DFA or whatever.

I dont know about you but i bought this game because i wanted too have fun with it, not go out on servers just too 0wn people.

Originally posted by nemis111

Would all the people think that the patch haters are whining because they cant spam dfa, STFU and STICK YOUR HEADS IN YOUR ASSES, THE FKING GAME IS BORING !!!!! IT HAS LOST SOOO MUCH OF IT"S RUSH, TENSION AND ABOVE ELSE FUN !! I swear it was the best Ive ever played online EVER, and now I FCKING HATE IT, I FCKING HATE IT. IT"S LIKES SOMEONE GIVING U PURE BLISS AND THE SUDDENTLY DECIDED TO GIVE YOU A FCK IN THE ASS. IT"S NOT FUN ANYMORE< GET THAT THRU YOU THICK SKULLS !!!!!! I"TS NOT ABOUT SPAMMING DFA< I"TS ABOUT THE GAME BEING A FKING WRECK NOW< BORING BORING FKING BORING!!!!!!

BRING BACK 1.02 !!!

BRING BACK 1.02 !!!

that's exactly how I feel. it's not about no DFA, or about newbies owning, or about people being able to spam, or about backstabbing. it's about the saber combat feeling like I'm playing in mud and just not being fun anymore. Obviously I could get good at any game given adequate time. I just choose the games I want to get good at by how much fun they are to play, how much they draw me in. Quake 3 did that to me like no other game. It required total concentration at all times. JK2 did that for me UNTIL 1.03. Now I just can't really be bothered to play hard because I don't enjoy playing at all. I had my month in online gaming paradise, and then Raven out of nowhere took it away for no good reason.

The patch has good and bad sides. Problem is, the bad sides are on subjects, never to be touched. Spoiling the fun.

At first, (if i play with force on) i played Dark Side, i played Duels, i used Yellow stance and played (mostly) in NF duels. And i was good (subjective). You see from that, i was a saberist, so my main focus lies on Saber Combat.

This is no whining post. You want a solution? Repatch and incorporate a button to change between 1.02 and1.03 whenever you like. Make it OPTIONAL.

Main problem is, that the patch has good and bad sides as stated above. I could live without the good things, but i absolutly cant live with the bad things.

Good things:

-DFA isnt that variable anymore. BUT it could had been changed with a mere hitbox correction, so the buried saber wouldnt do full damage. Overexaggerated move from Raven.

-Red stlye has a 2 chain combo now. Not that easy to pull out in actual combat, BUT it gives at least a chance on tactic.

-The mere standing attack (attacking without pressing directional keys) isnt randomized anymore. I still cant see why there were people complaining about hat, but hell, i am deseperate to get good things to post about the patch :p

-New maps. It is a good thing, BUT its just an add, IT IS NOT THE PATCH. So why do you patch lovers field it as positive aspect for the the patch?

-Absorb has finally some chance on tactical deployment (if the drainer has his sound turned off).

-Chat boxes and finally the ability to redo player settings without loosing you place in the duel listing.

Bad things:

-The autoblock or "keep the nOOb alive" feature is way overexaggerated. The blocking prepatch wasnt the best but it worked to some extent. I wished they would have added "a bit" more chance on blocking, but this now, is just plain stupid. More movie like? Nope, because there were no headless chickens in the movie.

-Saber Throw in NF duels. WTF!! Grats Raven. You still dont know the way of the exploit. Optional, ok (like force powers optional? Nice idea but THIS is NOT in the patch).

-The killing of the Yellow Style. Have you ever realized that the range of yellow is only then at full extent when you spin? Guess not. The yellow style lacks now tactical deployment and range. There is now only ONE (useless) combo with yellow. Just holding the attack button is no combo peeps. I understand that this was done to boost the Blue style a bit more. Overexaggerated as allways. With the addition of one more special move to blue, this wouldnt have been neccessary. Just a special that can cover some area OR range at normal damage.

-Make MP like SP?? Hell nearly everyone who said that just wanted more special moves like the things the Reborn, Shadow Trooper and the named pulled on us. Did we get it? Of course not. We got a dead yellow style and autoblock (You played SP after this patch? Even in SP the autoblock isnt that extreme).

-More control. Lol, peeps. The moves and the Saber combat were perfectly under your control prepatch. No randomizing, nothing (only the standing attack). If you had trained a bit, you would have realized it. You have control now too, like before. But you loose it due to the high block chance and the resulting headless chicken combat.

-Heal and Drain. Gee i used the word too often, but IT IS OVEREXAGGERATED. Yes, both of them needed a nerf, but WTF, not that. Heal is a joke. Let Heal replenish about 35 HP for half the force bar. It would be still useful AND is counterable. Drain should just drain less. Not 200% but about 125% to 150% of the used force to drain someone. You could still deploy it, but it wouldnt be overpowered.

-Guns and the Ammo problem. I hate guns, but THIS was just plain stupid. CTF is just complete crap now, and the only weapon that would have a right to be nerfed was the Imp Repeater and his secondary fire rate.

There are still things to be changed, not even touched by this patch. Push/Pull kills are too easy and opens you without ANY defense. And the janitor action. Backstab, just shouldnt do that much damage, or make it blockable (but more difficult to block).

Rant about this, flame me or do what you like. But try to be constructive and think about it.

And for you who say "Just use the old version if you dont like the new". Think about what you say. All new things which will be released, will be based on the latest version. So it is our concern to have a good compatible game. And in my opinon, the game isnt very god atm.

Regards,

+ManusDei+[JDG]

Didn't even bother to read the whole thread, but got one question:

Who's whining now?

Former DFA spammers, cuz they no longer can exploit bugged hit detection and have virtually still sabers doing max damage?

Oh no, they made the game more realistic and now you actually have to learn some skills to compete! What is the world coming to?!

Sure, there are some headless chickens out there, but to claim that all blue or yellow stancers are just swinging their sabers around hoping for a miracle is plain ignorance. I use yellow exclusively and I know what I'm doing. The far biggest reason why I'd sometimes lose to a 1.02 DFA spammer is cuz I'd lose my patience with this boring one-hit/evading spammer and make some foolish mistake.

And on the issue of crying 'whiner'; it's just plain sad to see people coming to boards to proclaim all having a complaint as whiners. It's easy to brand someone a whiner and abusive, cuz you're simply playing on the common perception that no one wants to be branded a whiner and they'll immediately back off or continue by forming a flamefest between the lot of you. A flamefest that will (virtually per definition) lead to nada and zip.

Calling whiner is what I call a shallow crowd pleaser. You see these often in political debates with an audience. When one party is backed into a argumentative corner they will use some witty remark or cliché, which the audience swallow whole and suddenly that party has the backup of the audience without really having said anything of relevance. They put themselves on top by belittling the opponent, not by counterarguing.

Now, while abusers of shallow crowd pleasing should be blamed more so should the audience letting themselves be manipulated by these shallow crowd pleasers.

Knowing that this post will change nothing I am

Jubatus

I like the new patch.

Why do I like it?

It makes the game more what I imagined it to be like.

When I first saw this game I thought it would be cool to replicate those long saber battles we saw in the movies. And it did it in singleplayer, but not multiplayer. Instead people would run forward and swipe and run backward till somebody died. That was gay. Now it's more like what I saw from the movies.

Maybe it requires less skill now...but you know what? I don't give a flyin fuc|< about all these l33t cl4n d3wds who have m4d sk1llz. I play cause it's neat. It wasnt neat before the patch, it is now.

Boo hoo your little league is gh3y now, lets all cry cause everyone cares about how good we are right? My heart bleeds.

And to those who disagree with me, may a pox of rancid blisters sprout on every open patch of skin hanging on your wretched sleleton, you worthless son of a lepritic whore and a french jahovas witness.;)

lol

i love the new patch! not for it's content, but for what it's done to the 1.02 servers. ever since it's come out, the 1.02 servers have been a joy to play on. no more spamming DFA, no more drain/grip whoring, i love it! just skilled people fighting fairly and nicely.

THANK YOU 1.03 YOU'VE MADE 1.02 EVEN BETTER!

Archived