Home

SUMMS IT UP,,ANYONE AGREE?

theduellist

personally i hate posting on these things i just read them everynow and then to keep up w/ game news and updates and such, also to get some mild entertainment from gamers of all ages complaining about something they had in no part in making.

But i'll make an exception this one time

To sum it up and i think many will agree:

1) If you think the patch/game sux, go back to playing whatever game you supposedly "owned" at, please, we're tired of listening to ya.

2) With this recent patch it's now pretty easy to see who exploited what in the game, (ex.) peeps complaining about dfa being too hard, guns too hard and generally everything is too hard. Basically if you complaining it's because: the one hit move, force spam combo and gun usage that you used to do at a rate of 20 times per match is no longer accessable for you to do over and over again.

If it's too hard, go play one of the many fine "read and learn" or "Sesame street" titles out there (for ages 2-5), if they come out with MP i'm sure you will 'OwN"

3) The saber battles are now more precise and not for people who just run around and swing aimlessly in hope of a combo.

They take precision, timing and placement. If they last longer it's because your incapable of any of those things. (or your too busy running away from the opponent that can whilst healing your ass off)

4) The force powers being toned down is more atuned to what the game is about, STAR WARS people!

With the exception of ROTJ and the Emperor trying to turn Luke into a batch of curly fries with force lightening, did you ever see anyone in the movies using a force power 20 times in a 1 on 1 battle?, um NO!

This is a representation of the star wars universe where i've never watched a jedi using force drain 4 times, lightening 6 times and finish with a DFA after 5 attempts at doing it.

5) Raven made a great game, i've actually read people complaining on this forum and saying "i wont play this game,,i'll leave this game for SOF2!"

...lil' tip JR.....who made SOF2?, RAVEN!, wow your really numb. ya basically guaranteed that their still getting your patronage as a customer of thier games. (which by BTW , i havent played a Raven game that wasnt amazing)

Summed up, they made a great game, the patch made it better, adapt to the changes/improvments...or die!! LOL , kiddin

If not , stop playing and stop complaining.

Though unfortunately i'm sure you'll stick around with the provided cheats or trainers you may find, the unfortunate thing about online gaming is the everlasting presence of cheaters, whiners and exploiters.

In the meanwhile, stay outta my way babies 'cause i'm enjoying the game, and so are a large amount of people agreeing with this post.

See ya aroud ,,let the mass flame mob begin, i couldnt care less of your opinion, unless it matches mine..

Have good one

Stay Well

Caleb-DeV

:mob:;)

Just a damn pity duels take so long now. I aggree that they are better now that the blocks and parrys are in place, but yesterday I had a match with a guy who would go invisible (I know, it's my fault for not having allocated any points to seeing) run away, heal, then run at me and slash once. Because I could block it, I managed to stab him once, and thne he turned invisible again. Without the one-hit-kills, a cowardly player with drain and heal can make duels last AGES (We fought for a full 15 minutes because neither could finish the other off before he ran and healed). In the end, he sabered down and told me ust to end it. I was on the verge of doing the same, because it really isn't any fun unless both players are aggressive now.

A possible solution would be to make people run slower when they're running backwards. That way, the only way people can escape is by rendering themselves vunerable to a saber throw. (that is, by having their back turned to their opponent)

yes yes i agree but stop posting! stop posting about the patch, stop posting about whiners who post about the patch, we all know, we all know to ignore them. more ignoring less posting!

im quite aware of the irony of posting this. ive got spells of mass destruction and a hair trigger. bring it.

You mayhave spells of mass destruction Darksider but...

I HAVE YOUR FAVOURITE TEDDY BEAR AS MY HOSTAGE! AH-HAHAHAHAHA!

Yeees... If you but THINK about casting one of those spells... *checks the tag on the teddy* Puffy gets it! :joy:

Originally posted by theduellist

If it's too hard, go play one of the many fine "read and learn" or "Sesame street" titles out there (for ages 2-5), if they come out with MP i'm sure you will 'OwN"

errm...Sorry, but my 5yr old is already #1 on OGL in the Sesame Street 1v1 Ladder......:D

"C is for Cookie, that's good enuf for me...." LMAO.

Tek.

Yeah, I had some guy running away healing whenever I hit him. On the plus side, if this happens, you can rest easy with yourself in the knowledge that you are a better sport then he/she! :D

Except its no longer playable for any serious gamer and it makes the game look and play like a $hite

Right, well then, you obviosuly aren't a fan of the SP game? Because saber fights in single player are now mirrored in MP. Thanks you Raven for that. In fact, it takes lots more skill now to beat a good opponent, and when you win, you feel more satisifed. "I earned that kill, not through DFA spamming, but through patience and skill".

On the note of exploiters, if anyone is playing on the Raven map, stay out of the corridors. I have seen some people spam DFA into the corridor and get lots of kills. The lack of movement space can be a problem.

Also, people who say DFA is easy to counter are right - however, if you have an average connection, by the time you see the DFA taking off, he is most likely in the air, narrowing the chances of you escaping. I'm sure many veterans realise this.

Agreed.

And to the momo that said the game plays like "shyte" or something.

You must have hated the single player, with the dramatci clashes and sparks and stuff.

I don't see how everyone RAVED about the SP and not that MP is MORE like SP suddenly MP sucks?

This is an ego thing people just want to see their name at the #1 kill spot and not really have to "work" for it. Your probably the same kind of people that kill while someone is typing, and DFA someone who just spawned.

I don't see how everyone RAVED about the SP and not that MP is MORE like SP suddenly MP sucks? [/Quote]

Because you are playing a different class of opponent.. human minds. There do not act like anything within SP, and so the tactics are totally different. Not to mention the majority of the grand saber fights used styles not available to players normally.. and everything else is pretty much cannon fodder.. including reborn.. just a tougher type of fodder, also known as cud :p

So you're spreading you filth here too Mormegil...

I agree that most of the patch is for the better now but I'm undecided on the blocking so far. I have already had multiple times in which I thought to myself "I should have had him there..." but I just got lots of sparks and no damage. It is cool that the sabers clash off eachother and everything but I think it is a little overdone. It was good for SP but it doesn't work too well in MP in my opinion. I think they really need to tone it down in the next patch. It should require more skill than 1.02 to hit someone but now I felt lucky if I hit him.

I always attack at the very beginning/very end of my opponents attack or try to outmaneuvre him. No when I try my old tactics I get infintite saber clashes or just plain get blocked. Trust me, I don't attack swinging like a loon... but when I see someone starting an overhead slash and I hack sideways through their torso, my blade shouldn't suddenly bounce back for him to suddenly finish his move after all.

I'm not saying it sucks, by no means, it is quite challenging. But it could be more fun if the saber clashing/blocking during attack animations was toned down just a bit.

Archived