Home

Rpg Mod!

Picasso

RPG Mod for Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast

I’ve got this idea, it’s lots of people that role-plays in JK2 so I wondered, why the heck isn’t there a Mod for it? I have a list of ideas for a RPG mod here, so if anyone already is working on a mod like this I really want to help, and if there is not, I’m searching for people to help me with this mod, especially coders, this mod would need a lot of code. I can do skinning and a bit of the mapping for it. OK I’m going to stop babbling about this and get on with my ideas.

1. The player should be able to send messages to just one person, or just some people.

2. There will be rooms and a NPC standing in the doorway requiring a password to come in. Maybe the player should be able to kill the NPC and get in anyway...

3. Every player starts out with a little amount of money.

4. There should be shops (shop owner should be a NPC) which the players should be able to buy things in.

5. There should be NPC:s wanting the player to do quests for him, and that way the player gains more money. The quests should be different depending on if the player is a thief or a bounty hunter or something else.

6. The player should be able to choose class when the game begins. Choose able classes would be: bounty hunter, cop, robber, thief, assassin, rebel (maybe), storm trooper (maybe). More classes to come.

7. If possible with the game engine the player’s online character should be saveable to continue another time, and then the player should have all their money and weapons still there.

8. Buy different clothing’s. But that I think is impossible.

9. Hire someone to do a job, for example the player could hire an assassin to kill an irritating NPC or an enemy player.

10. Let the server come up with there own scenarios and so on.

11. When choosing a class there should be multiple skins to choose from, but only for the class the player choose, for example an assassin can not have a bounty hunter skin.

12. Jedi’s or not? That’s a question I have not decided.

13. The players must have a COM radio to talk with other players in range.

14. The player can pay a NPC to get secret passwords, or threaten them.

15. When talking out of character, the players must say OOC: hisorhersmessage.

16. Try to bind a key to sit down, on chairs and such, a must in bars.

17. There should be original characters and our characters to choose from.

The message and the money ideas comes from another guy, from the Lucas forums, I don’t know his name. If you read this talk with me and i should put your name/nick here!

lol..

Why is it n00b'ish to play JK1? Without JK1 JK2 wouldnt excist today, and don't come here and say you don't like JK2 either, why do you post in this forum then?

Let the RPG'ish people answer, don't ruin this..

I'm not about to trash your idea or anything, but I think a coop mod with rpg elements added in would work better. It would be easier to add all the changes and smaller risk of hostile players ruining the experience for others.

Originally posted by Etz

I'm not about to trash your idea or anything, but I think a coop mod with rpg elements added in would work better. It would be easier to add all the changes and smaller risk of hostile players ruining the experience for others.

Hmm.. could you explain that a little more? It sounds pretty interesting.. either post in this forums or contact me at ICQ # 109492237

Originally posted by UseDaAgression

*coughf* Star wars *coughf* galaxies ;)

Actually i'm a beta tester for that, but i cant wait for it lol =D

^^Not actually, but i have a good chanse to get to beta test^^

FOR PETE'S* SAKE, IF YER NOT INTERESTED IN THE POSTER's IDEA, WHY THE HECK ARE YOU EVEN POSTING!? FLAMES ARE NOT HELPFUL! (though I realize your intention was not to be helpful, but to be a complete jerk) Lucko Mabri & Bio Warrior, I'm referring to you.

:monkey4:

--JStikair

*didn't want to say "God" for fear of offending religious nutballs, but this footnote kinda rendered that moot

Archived