Home

Invisible beams: Patch or Difficulty?

Vraylle

I installed the 1.03 patch, then continued my fairly new saved game. I was in the Kejim base, near the end, in the room with the exploding machine and the cutting laser beams. (Jedi Master level)

I loaded the game, and didn't see any beams. I even looked for "dots" on the wall, but nothing. Walked out, died about where one should be.

Is this related to the Nvidia issues I've seen mentioned, or something else?

I had major graphics corruption after installing the patch and resuming a saved game. Beams, electric arcs, flames were all gone; facial expressions and "extra" bits were gone as well (in cutscenes, Kyle and Jen looked like gray faceless mannequinns; the small "walker" droids were graphically corrupted as well). (alpha channel anyone???)

That happened to me on the Doomgiver Shields level, I played it before and everything was OK. I therefore would assume that the patch introduced the corruption. Stranger still, after changing the level (advancing to Yavinswamp) I had no corruption at all.

Last, but not least: my graphics card is PooDoo 5500.

Try reloading a previous save from the level before, then advance through that level in order to reload the level that you are on. There may also be a command to restart the level (map <nameofmap>?) but I don't remember what it was.

Archived