Home

Binding a stance to a button

Crusader

Is there a way to bind a button to switch to a certain saber stance? Ie instead of cycling through them, to go immediately to light stance etc.

If not then can we get it in the next patch please Raven? :)

Will be really handy for switching stance for a specific move in a duel or ffa :)

I wrote a script to do this the week the game came out. I'm not sure if the version I uploaded to my webpage still works, but if anything is wrong with it, E-mail me.

http://php.indiana.edu/~jtwalker/Other/QuickStyleChange.cfg

You'll notice that I've set "vstr cycleattack" to MOUSE3. This is so you can cycle saber styles without breaking my script. Edit the bind as you need. Sometimes it will mess up (e.g. you hit the buttons really fast) and you'll be stuck with getting the Light style when you want Medium. I suggest leaving 'L' bound to 'saberAttackCycle' so you can fix this if it pops up.

I haven't found a way to do what you're asking, but i have found one way that's almost as good.

bind x saberattackcycle

bind y saberattackcycle;saberattackcycle (that's two saberattackcycles in a row)

In essence x now acts like cycle up one stance, y acts like cycle down one stance. Every stance, no matter which one you are currently in, is now only one keypress away. For my setup, I have those binds to mousewheelup and mousewheel down. Verrrrry handy.

TDS

I considered doing the same but I think it would take alot of practice to not have to think which stance is next/prev in the middle of a saber fight, so wondered if there was a simpler way :)

bind x "lightstance" or similar would be simpler to use, but I guess there are other issues more important so I may just have to practice lots :)

hahah I only have one mousewheel kiroshi. Mousewheelup and Mousewheeldown are the JK2/Quake3 key equivalents of scrolling your mouse wheel up and scrolling it down. In essence, it changes the stance switches to feel more like switching weapons. Stance next and stance prev. With only 3 stances, each stance is one scroll click away.

Archived