Home

sabers off doesnt always mean not ready to fight

Ferox

ususally when i fight we do the little bow then.. then my opponent puts his saber on.. i walk around with it off and wait for that initial contact.

for one.. if a guy charges you and you hit the left mouse button as you swing and the saber comes out he is hurt hehehe.

and if i make the first move i ususally do a roll and unleash the saber right when im about to hit hehe, its pretty damn funny when people are staring you down and dont expect you do attack so fast.

ive had a few battles with very good players where we would walk around and then attack at the same time forcing a lock right as our sabers came out.. THAT RULED. hehe

the ONLY time i dont consider someone a threat is when they are lagged out(you can tell because of the white shield and they arent moving).

There is a Japanese martial art know as iaido or iaijitsu - the art of drawing the sword from its sheath and killing in ONE motion.

Sabers off does not mean peace, because you are just one button push away from a slash.

I always kinda had a problem with that piece of etiquette. Normally I run around the level with my saber off so I dont attract as much attention as when I have my glow stick on. I will run around till I find suitable prey or am fired upon and need to defend myself and then I activate my saber.

Now all of a sudden I am noob and have no class for doing this?:rolleyes:

I thought everyone knew you could activate your saber and attack simultaniously...

I mean it just does it. Its hard to miss...

yes.. i never even thought of that. good point.

in bushido blade 2 you had a guy who did that hehe, attack from a sheathed position.

and no man your not a newb or bad guy for doing so hehehe.

Originally posted by Ferox

yes.. i never even thought of that. good point.

in bushido blade 2 you had a guy who did that hehe, attack from a sheathed position.

and no man your not a newb or bad guy for doing so hehehe.

I remember that game back in college when my roommate brought his Playstation to the dorms. Too bad there isn't a PC version; it was a really nice game.

I think most people can infer when lightsaber off means nonhostile in a close duel situation. For example if you are opposite of each other you both turn your saber off and you "bow" then i say as long as they dont leap at you 1 second after you bow then its a fair play. Now after the bow if you just simoltaneously circle each other with saber off then yes by all means attack at will. Big maps theres no guarantee from any distance about nonhostility

Rock on=w=

When I bow , I never put my head to the ground. I never take my eye of my opponenet at a bow , bcoz thats when I most vulnerable. A sleazy attack by him could cost me a round. So I have it on light blow incase of suprise attack to quickly counter attack.

However Im no angel I have attacked people when they are bowing as well. One guy bowed and put his head right down for about 7 seconds . . . . . i just went in with a heavy attack and wiped him out , he left the server in-disgust.

Last I ever saw of him "Oh well"

Archived