Home

Push/pull and speed problem...

GAT

I have push hotkeyed to mouse button 4 and pull hotkeyed to mouse button 5. I like this arrangement very nicely. However, after I installed the patch I use the push hotkey and force speed activates. I was fighting Desann this particular time and I happened to knock him down when I did it. I thought it was just a feature now that if you knock a Jedi fighter down force speed will activate and allow you to hop over and do a downward hack on the guy... not so. I played ns_streets to see if I could now dodge all of the disruptor blasts (no change, I STILL can't dodge ANY of them... but that's beside the point). But when I was pushing a guy to knock him down, force speed was activated. I don't like that very much at all, because if I have to push multiple times (IE the pegs on the column that contains your lightsaber atop it in that Yavin 4 level). I have to wait for force speed to stop and then wait for my force mana to recharge a little bit, then I could continue. I went into the controls menu and tried to clear all the controls for force speed, push, pull, and heal and reset them. No avail. Is this just a balance that Raven has added? If so, how do I disable it? It's rather annoying.

Thanks,

GAT

Sounds like the same problem I was having too. Do you have a MS Intellimouse of some kind? If so try unbinding the Alt key in your control settings, (ie. don't use Alt anymore) or remap the mouse buttons to other functions like PgUp/PgDn or some other 'regular' keyboard keys.

Something in the patch has made the forward-page/back-page functions of the mouse, (which on the keyboard are ALT+> and ATL+< ), just register as Alt now.

What kind of mouse do you have? Alot of the four+ button mice have released updated mouse drivers that allow you to bind those buttons to register as any key you like. For example, on my logitech dual op i have mouse 4 register as pageup, and i bind the command to pageup, and it works fine.

Archived