Home

Compiling my Map

sunrider4240

HEY guys its Sunrider with an update. Temple of Water Massassai duel map is finished now. I just need to compile it. And thats where i need help. Raven, can you compile this map for me? And if so..where can I send it to you for compiling for me? I'd appreciate any answers. Thanks. I'm working at the moment on tryin to get some screen shots in here for everyone to see my work. Well..thanks.:fett:

You shouldn't need Raven to compile it... Email the .map to me and I'll have a look at it if you like, see if I can get it to compile then tell you how I did. Here some steps I'd try anyway:

1. Isolate the problem - remove different parts of the map, such as strip all the entities (except at least 1 info_player_deathmatch/start) and try and compile it then. If that works take out all the entities but some, maybe remove all the doors or whatever and see if it works then... eventually you will find the source

2. Fix the problem! ;)

also, post a description of the problem you're encountering, rather than just "it's not compiliing..(here, you busy people do it)"

Seems the problem was the space in the filename... Doh! :p

so... "upper hanger" becomes "upperhanger"

You might want to add some lights, also a misc_model_breakable needs a key in it to say which model to show/break: "model" "models/amodel.md3" or something like that, I haven't played with them yet...

i'll send the map back to you with some lights and show you some examples of caulking (read this - http://users.senet.com.au/~dparsons/tutorial2.htm I wrote it for q3a but mostly it holds up. Caulk is now the "system" textures tho)

Archived