Home

Why doesn't Raven get with the times?

Hemi-Cuda

after installing Return to Castle Wolfenstein, and seeing that there was a game that had finally abaondoned the useless cd check system, i was very happy. i thought that most all new games would follow this standard, as the companies HAVE to know that the cd check system doesn't work. but no, JK2 comes along and there it is, even more persistant than before

a cd check takes minutes to crack, and even the most computer illiterate gamers i know still know where to find them. so why put gamers through the inconvinence of getting these fixes everytime a new game comes out, or when a new patch comes out?

you dont see Office XP, Photoshop, or any of those other extremly expensive applications asking for the CD everytime its run. so why is it only games do this?

i paid $70.00 canadian for JK2. i've also paid for every other game that i play online (JK, Q2, Q3, Wolfenstein). i wont deny that i do warez some games, cause anyone who says they've never done so are liars. but game i know i'm gonna really enjoy and play extensivly (like JK) i have no problem footing the cash for. i enjoy supporting the companies who make GOOD products and give me years of entertainment

how are they inconviencing pirate gamers? all pirated games i've seen have a crack embedded right into the CD image file. the only ones that are inconvinenced are the people who bought the game, because to get around putting the CD in everytime (which gets very annoying) we have to search and go get the game fixes

i've never heard of a pirater ever being "inconvinenced" by a cd check :rolleyes:

We all pretty much agree that JK2 *should* have had a key authentication server like Q3A did when it first came out.

Honestly, we don't know the real reason why they didn't include one. It's really pointless at this point, I guess. Too bad.

Archived