Home

Dont blame the patch for the backsweep move

Darth Maniac

A lot of people have been complaining that the patch has brought in a new exploit of pull/turn/backslash. OK - I uninstalled the game and reinstalled the old version just to try it out and you know what - it IS in the previous version. Maybe it is a little easier now but believe me anyone with skill could pull it off in the earlier version. Maybe we should acknowledge that before complaining.

Now - about Medium stance. I cannot kill anyone using the medium stance with the patch. Can anyone tell me where I am going wrong?

This is bull****, i used this move combined with the duck+forward move b4 the patch came out it's the same thing, nothing changed, it's not harder and not easier. But you bet, the next patch will make the light stance backwardstab useless as well. Just cause the newbies cant handle it. So you are open for a newbie hack attack again.

you always finish it.

it covers nearly 360 deg, is slow as hell,

but if you step in and hit them ANYWHERE during it

(which is really easy since this move telegraphs worse than DFA ever did),

as opposed to breaking the move when your opponent is hit (as would happen with real blades) the sweep still goes off and you die because your in its kill radius.

duh.

the advatage of fast style shuld be that you can "stop-thrust" long slow attack.

WhyTF didnt raven get some real kendo/fencing types input in the dev process? so much of this on going silliness could have been easily avoided.

actually it is worse this patch than it was prepatch. Prepatch, heavy stance attacks would only hit once. Now since the damage was reduced on all stances, Raven added that attacks can hit twice or more. Therefore, when you do the janitor move, it "sticks" in the enemy hitting them about 6 times.

It IS worse after the patch.

Originally posted by [QGA]Vertigo

I'm tired of posting why I think this patch ruins saber gameplay...

And we're tired of hearing.

The backsweep is exactly the same.

It does not hit more.

It always owned, just was not the most prominant move.

They missed it.

They said they'd tweak it next time round.

Phroot, you are dead wrong.

The old version could hit up to 3 times during the swing. Artifex broke this down in his wonderful sabering and force guide. Unfortunately, the link doesn't work anymore as the guide was so good, he quickly busted through the bandwidth limit of free50megs.com :) When it gets back up, I'm sure the link will be pasted all over the forum. If Artifex is hanging around, I'm sure he can confirm for us.

The backsweep has been nerfed slightly in this patch since at the start and the end of the swing, hardly any damage is done.

And for the last time, saber damage was not NERFED ALL AROUND, only at the very beginning and very end of swings.

Please re-read ChangKhan's post at the top of the forum as to exactly "what" was changed about saber system.

TDS

Archived