Home

Newbie needs help--Kejim Base (lvl 2), laser room thingy.

Janos

I got past the 'water-that-hurts' room, but now I'm in the 'lasers-that-cut-the-door' room. It's the room with this big crystal thing in the middle and when you turn on the panels, lasers start cutting up the room. Anyway, I followed this screenshot that shows the path you can take to avoid the lasers to get through the hole in the locked door, but it didn't work for me. Kept on getting pinned down by lasers I can't see and dying.

I looked back in the thread topics, but no one seems to have trouble with it. Am I just gaming-impaired? :confused:

also if you wait a bit and hide behind the right wall inside the command console area after the lasers are out you can move around the room the counterclockwise (to the right) instead of going directly to the door. this way you will take minimal damage

The thing is stuff is shooting at me, now i know what that stuff is from this post, lasers!. i cant see the damn things so i have no idea why i kept dying....i had to uncheck opengl extension to keep from crashing and i think thats why its a mystery what im being shot at by, oh well im going to go check it out, i thot i was just retarded : P..maybe i am, ill post back if i cant make see do it still.

I was able to get into the door that gets blasted a hole in it...i just stayed crouched and went around long ways against the wall, as for the next room which also has lasers i dont know, i can get in, but i still dont see any lasers even after i adjusted my settings, you are supposed to see the lasers right?:rolleyes:

It was pretty easy after I died the first couple of times (I remember saying "What the ****!!!" when I saw lasers jumping all over the place the first time). Just wait behind the little thing until it resumes a steady patteren, go right, and crouch to avoid lasers. Sometimes they go up and down and you have to run through quickly to avoid getting toasted.

But, if you have a graphical problem and can't see the lasers, I have a hard time seeing how this is possible. I don't like cheats but if you have to use them to get past this because of a glitch then that's what I would do.

Thanks, guys! I could see the lasers this time, but only if I looked a certain direction. Then I went in third person to make sure the paths of the lasers weren't near my head when I crossed..

You installed the patch, didn't you? The patch screws everything in Single Player up, including this room. I swear Lucasarts had better fix it soon or they'll be getting plenty of flames...:mad:

Uninstall, delete assets2, reinstall, and the lasers should appear.

Archived