Home

Future Versions

Areoch

Now I can see why some people like the patch and while others don't but what I don't see is how some of the people can give up so totally on the game. Raven and lucasarts obviously do listen otherwise there wouldn't have been a patch to begin with. This is the first patch the *FIRST* patch and people flareup insulting and whining and complaining, condemning Raven and JKO to the point that they vow to get refunds or throw their games out windows.

Has it ever occured to someone that as easily as one patch can change a game that another can change it just as much? Now I am not goint to state an opinion for or against the patch or the changes as most of the people do so seem to paint themselves in a corner and eventually get flamed by one group or the other. I am just trying to be reasonable. Most likely they won't rollback to the old Mp style but try to get a sort of middle ground (maybe drop autoblocking chance a bit). But who knows by the time the next patch comes out everyone could be so used to the new style that it'll start yet another wave of complaints. Hopefully Raven won't be afraid to make another patch for fear of being bashed by one group or another.

So basically this is just a request for people to look ahead rather than being mired in the past or present. If the next patch comes out and you don't still like it then at least you can safely say you gave it a fair chance. But really you can't really second guess what the developers are going to do. Noone expected that they'll flip flop the game so drastically who is to say what they will do next patch? I hope for the best, optimists rule of thumb ;).

PS> Before the burners go on I know it sounds that I am antipatch but really I am split on the issue, there are things that I like and things that I dislike. But hell there were things that I liked about 1.02 and things that I disliked about that too. When has there EVER been a game where out of the box you were absolutely perfectly happy with it?

"Has it ever occured to someone that as easily as one patch can change a game that another can change it just as much?"

I can definitely understand what you are saying, and can appreciate you trying to be optomistic, but this game has been out what, a month, month and a half? The game is no longer much fun, and I don't want to play, or serve, this game in its 1.03 version for that long.

Plus, if this is the direction that Raven took, and did it to such extremes, I can only assume it will get much worse. After playing EQ for a few years, and a couple other games with terrible nerf records, and getting burnt time and time again, I give no game company the benefit of the doubt when they start making moves like this.

I don't have much time these days for gaming, so I can only do about one or two games at a time, and can only serve about one game. So, for me, I play and serve the best game out in the public. If they continue making the game worse, or don't improve what they nerfed, then I may continue playing and serving it, but only until the next great game comes out, because in its current 1.03 state, this game is no longer great.

Its the same in every game. The forums are full of whiners and crybabys (and sensible people too, but you know what I mean).

The freakin game, patch and all is great people! Just play for a few hours and get used to it and before you know it you will be smiling again.

Archived