Home

Help! NON-Player-Models from 3DSMax to JO

HMScully

I made some models in 3Ds Max for my new map Theed. I have them ready now, with textures etc. But now : How can get I this nice statues and so into JO??? Anyone know a nice tutorial or something???? ( I have the Radiant-Editor).

And....yes, I´m a nOOb in game editing but not in 3dsMax. Do I have to made a XSI-file first? Or an *.ase??? And how? What programs must i use to convert the files ??? I have a 3dsMax-exporter named 3_Q3_Object_creator. ( It was into the Radiant-editor Pack) It should be a M3D exporter but it makes only *.ase-files. How can i make 3DM-Files for using in the radiant-editor out of this files? I have some models like the Naboo-Queen's ship, a naboo-fighter and some statues and i would REALLY get them into my levels. But how???? (Please forgive me my worse english :-) )

Okay, this is probably not the best way, but it does the trick. Go download GMAX from discreet.com and also download the Tempest add-on while you're there. Install both of 'em.

Now export both of 'em to .3ds files from 3dsmax. Then import the .3ds files into Tempest. From tempest, you can convert them to Editable Brushes and then export them to a .map file which Radiant can read.

If anyone has found a better way (and I know one must exist) PLEASE do post it here!).

Archived