Home

Anti Patch instigator has seen the light

The_Mormegil

Its true, now my favourite servers run the patch I prefer the way it plays. Although the new exploit is ****e and heal & drain were hit too hard its all sure to be fixed.

I know I bitched alot about it yesterday but the saber battles are more intense and i still own so its all good.

My only boggle is that DFA should be stronger (stronger than any frigging light or medium style swings anyway) But i think in the exploited swings its just the way the saber moves that makes it so deadly, rather than it being just too strong.

The voice of reason always comes after I've exhausted my abuse thresh hold so here it is...

This patch makes the game better and worse, everyone think hard about what they do and don't want in the next patch. But I take back all my bitching yesterday when i hadn't really given it a chance.

Maybe I just wanted payback for all the bitching there was before the patch.

I know I bitched alot about it yesterday but the saber battles are more intense and i still own so its all good.

Well, if the litimus test for a patch is determined by making sure you still "own", then this must be a good day... :rolleyes:

Well, if the litimus test for a patch is determined by making sure you still "own", then this must be a good day...

Cougaris, I'll think you'll find this was/is the source of many (note not by any means ALL) peoples hating this patch. They were really good before, then they loaded the patch and some of their old tricks, tactics, and techniques, either don't work anymore or aren't as effective. To some people, the ability to win quickly is paramount over everything else, especially having to re-learn how to "own". It especially angers them since they realize for a brief moment, they are as clueless as the "ownees", and to something who 'owns' there is nothing worse than getting beat by someone you considered less skilled than you. So what do you do? You have two choices, learn to adapt and 'own' again, or go back to v1.02 where you can display your "ownage".

Eventually, more people will come around like this guy. Patience....v1.02 had some pretty unliveable flaws. This patch is by no means perfect, but compared to the 1.02 it is much better! (IMO!!)

TDS

"I know I bitched alot about it yesterday but the saber battles are more intense and i still own so its all good. "

Good man!

Saber battles more intense! And you still own! These are the key points all the complainers are missing.

Spread the word bud. People who used to be your partners in comlaining will benefit from hearing about your conversion.

Seriously it wasn't the loosing it was the complete overhaul of the way the combat flowed it seemed to play better for ffa type " frag or die " games rather than the patched version being better for the duelists.

The nice thing about the patch is the dueling and the way the saber clashes look way nicer. The backstab like the old dfa is pretty easy to see coming/counter so any l33ts shouldn't even be phased by it.

The only real problem with the back slash is when it comes to 4-5 players having a hard fight in one of the narrow corridors of raven labs or similar, some arse runner will always come along (running backwards) into them and take out all of them with this ****e move.

Anyway back to an earlier point The Flow of Saber combat in v 1.02; I prefered it, but instead of cussing Im going to hope that the next patch gives it some of the old gameplay back.

P.S. what does L33t mean?

God I feel old typing this....

L33t is part of the legacy of B1FF.

Back in the really old days of the internet (10-15 years ago), before we had forums, we debated on something called newsgroups. A running joke on those newsgroups was the ultimate newbie, B1FF.

B1FF would use ALL CAPS in his posts, and substiture letters with numbers, in an attempt to make his posts look cool. He'd also post large amounts of ASCII art and figlets at the end of his post. We used B1FF to ridicule newbies in a newsgroup, when they asked a really stupid question.

AOL suddenly gave internet access to a large amount of newbies (we like to think it's all AOL's fault, of course), and movies like Sneakers had suddenly made it "cool" to be a "hacker". Of course, the majority of these "cool hackers" were script kiddies, who mainly sought ways to destroy things, rather than gain a deeper understanding for the way computers work, but that is another story.

Anyway, "elite" were the term the "hackers" used to praise others. Not really realizing they were being poked fun of, many old-timers called them 31337. They saw this as a compliment, of course, being called eleet (elite), but it's really a throwback to the popular character for illustrating a fool, our pal B1FF.

31337 has since then been adopted as a common term both for praising and riducilung players who are proficient, or like to think they are in a game. Nowadays, people use the shorthand version L33t or 1337, though.

I kinda also saw the light. :D This patch is really ok, I juist needed to learn new tricks. The patch is an improvement but some issues that I would like to be addressed would be heal and drain. Heal should atleast give you 50 hp if its taking half of your force powers. Blocking a tad bit too much, but other than that its pretty cool. I love what they did to absorb its sooooooo much better now. This patch dosent bother me anymore cause I still owned and I was very suprised too.

Archived