Home

Duel with Tavian

Aoshi

I've just learned that an awesome practice for sabering is a level called the pit. Just type in at the console:map pit and you're there. It will be a 1v1 battle with Tavian. Doing this for about an hour straight taught me many things.. humility among them:D. Anyways this is for all you who dont know about the pit level. It is a great help in teaching retreat/attack style sabering(also chopping her arm and hand off is kinda fun when you get good enough at it). watch her swipes though. She seems to be able to target the neck at medium strength which is an instant kill so keep moving. (oh yah if you dont know how to access the console hit shift+~ at the same time and that'll bring it down then just type map pit and you're set for a little 1v1 action)

This has been common knowledge for several weeks. ;) For further practice, I can reccomend downloading a level called "The Ladder". It is available both at massassi and jkii.net, and includes more opponents than just tavion, coming at you in progressively more difficult waves.

Hey, it's ok. :] I would still reccomend that you ditch the pit for the ladder map. Tavion (and Desann, for that matter) use a set of special lightsaber styles, that are faster and do more damage than the regular ones. If you fight reborn and shadowtroopers, however, you'll find that they use the same lightsaber styles as you, and are thus better practice if you want to get ready for multiplayer.

Just make sure you get the version without music, because listening to "smack my bitch up" for the umpteenth time is making me develop a deep and intense hatred towards the band Prodigy ;P;)

Archived