Home

Umm, wtf did they do to healing...

posternutbag9d9

So, now it takes 2/3 of your force for ONE heal that gives you TWENTY health... Great.. now I saber fight with someone just to be killed by laser fire since I can't even heal and get out of there now...So the number 6 and 8 weapon spammers now own everyone out there... Great job... I will make sure to never buy Raven's games again till they patch them. To totally eliminate healing and have about 4 heal packs in each level makes the game about dieing over and over.. just killed someone barely? They will just respawn and finish you off since you cannot heal.

Well first off, you must only have level 2 heal, because level 3 is 25 points for half your force mana.

As to why they did it...

It's because most people here 80%+ bitched about healing being too powerfull. Raven listened to us, and gave us what we asked for.

I always had as palet Knight, so my most important things were things like speed, push, and healing, so that kinda sucks, cuz push is worthless sometimes and so is speed... and now is healing... so I really have to adapt to this new patch huh.... ah well... great game though, oh yeah raven, there are now the throw spammers, nice work.... :(

Heal was NEVER too powerful, it was a weak backup to give you a fighting chance. The main factor in a fight was always shields not health. Now lighties don't have this backup, and since absorb also seems to get less mana back now, its kind of hard to wait for 1/2 your mana to recharge.

I like everything else about the patch, but i've never had problems fighting people with healing before, but now I can't even use it myself.

Oh God not people against the heal tweak...

Level 3 heal before patch healed 50 points and took 3 bars, and if you were fighting someone that CONSTANTLY healed after getting hit just ONCE, you would get mad too. I never needed to use heal and I'm skilled with the saber, I consider people who heal whenever they get hurt to be skill less, they shouldn't need to heal if they could fight.

Now it takes 2/3rds you say? I havn't tried it yet mainly because heal sucks, always has. That seams reasonable for FIFTY points of health. Besides 1 well placed hit will kill instantly no matter what health.

Im not complaining about lvl 3 heal, its fine. However, now levels 1 and 2 are practically worthless. They heal 5 and 10 points with the same cost as level 3, I believe. 1st level wasn't that good to begin with, but 2nd level used to be pretty good.

You could argue, of course, that 1 and 2 are just there to make 3 more expensive, but I'd still like to see the progression changed so that the lower levels might be remotely useful. One way to do this would be making it similar to singleplayer's heal: lower levels not healing instantly and making you stand still. Another way would be making the lower heals cost less mana, but still have worse efficiency.

Archived