Home

new cheap move?

slappyjoe

I actually like most of the new patch... I like the lightsaber stuff a bit more now... BUT......

I have noticed that the special attack on the light setting is unstoppable in close quarters. With the new patch, when you do the move in close, you knock aside their lightsaber (didn't use to happen),and your move just slices 'em up.

I have won battle after test battle where I stay in the light mode, crouched. As soon as the other people come in to attack, I pull the move and have yet to die. Seems pretty cheesy to me.

So far, it is fairly easy to see the setup, so you can get around it, and there is a slight recovery time so the opponent has to be johnny on the spot to get in to score a hit. But so far, against ALL the bots on JM level, and against 10 pretty skilled humans, I have yet to lose.

Is everyone else finding this too? I am not claiming I am a master, but this seems a bit cheesy to me now, considering it didn't use to be that easy.

Otherwise, I like the new saber speed, decreased DFA monkey move, and the effects.

I've also noticed a lot more people using the reverse blow (hold back arrow and attack). While everyone runs around backwards performing a move that is ublockable, it is fairly easy to counter.

I still have yet to counter the smurfing of the light special attack.

Archived