Home

what to get rid of the new patch ? or play v. 1.02 and still keep the patch ?

Kyth'emos

well then here is your solution:

To Remove the patch (this is untested but I am 95% sure it will work): just delete your gamedata folder and copy the gamedata folder off your CD into your JO install directory. (don't forget to backup all those levels and .cfg files)

To switch back and forth (this only works if you know what the server's version is before youlaunch the game):

1. Install the V1.03 patch

2. Rename the GameData directory to GameData_103

3. Copy the GameData directory from your CD to your JO install directory

4. Download these batch files to your JO install directory

5. First, run 103_to_102.bat and this will change your game from version 1.03 to 1.02

6. Run 102_to_103.bat and this will change your game from version 1.02 to 1.03

7. Make shortcuts to these 2 files to easily choose which version you want to play.

hope that this helps someone out :)

oops, my aplogies I just saw it up on my clan's forum and figured I would throw it out there for anyone who wanted it. Again my apologies. and I actually tried not to take credit for it, I removed "my" and replaced them with "the".

Lord:

Some files that I know for sure that get altered are:

jk2sp.exe, jk2mp.exe, and assets2.pk3

I dont know if anything else gets affected, so I played it safe by just copying over the dir.

Im sure there are other ways of doing it, no doubt, but this method works 100% so I use it.

Those are the files that determine which version you're running.

Later in the thread that Usurper noted above, I presented an alternate way that addresses these 3 files.

Always good to have multiple solutions, both work....so just pick your poison! :D

Archived