Home

Model For Download

spacermonkey

Originally posted by DarthCobra

Is anyone else noticing a big line coming outta the top of her head.

you gotta read the model description on the polycount website ... "surgically attached to her skull is a long, thin sensor implant that aids her in her hunts" ... THAT is the line coming out of her head. it's supposed to be there.

lol, yes I thought he was refering to the way that the shader makes the seams visable in certain lights. Yes the antenna is deliberate, its part of her. But the seam thing can be seen on all jk2 models -like around kyle's face.

Sometimes I confuse myself. lol

My tutorial is almost done, the folks at Raven have it currently and are reviewing it. Its a pretty fat document abou 6megs zipped. It covers the whole basic process on how to get a model in game. How many pages you say? 27 pages of pure agony (6,200 words). Picks are included.

I may do some more detailed tutorials at a later date when I've got a decent website setup.

as far as I know getting her into the single player game would require adding some lines to your original assets0.pk3 so I didnt include anything for that. However yes she is all setup for being put into the single player game, with custom sounds.

Originally posted by spacermonkey

My tutorial is almost done, the folks at Raven have it currently and are reviewing it. Its a pretty fat document abou 6megs zipped. It covers the whole basic process on how to get a model in game.

i am eagerly waiting to get my hands on this ... you are my SAVIOR!!!! trying to follow stuff on the forums can be confusing with all the secondary/tertiary conversations and bickering going on. it'll be nice to have a clear and concise recipe for creating and putting a model in game.

thank you in advance. YOU ARE THE MAN!!!

So...what lines would I have to add? I'm kinda confused...because I'd love to play against the Single Player duelists as well. I do my duels in single player, becuase the AI and styles are more advanced. And one question...I want to see how good she is with the disruptor...BUT...every time I play against bots in multiplayer, they ALWAYS use lightsabers! No matter WHAT is lying around. I can't figure out how to disable the sabers so that they'll actually use guns. Not even with that g_weapondisable command.

to get her into your SP game (playable SP, but sounds still stay as kyles....)

one way is within any model's pk3 file, copy the files from the model (in this case, say 'aurrasing' or whatever), paste them to your desktop in a new folder called 'kyle', then put that folder back into the zip file in the same directory as the aurrasing folder

so for my vader, say, all i'd do is copy the vader folder to my desktop, rename it kyle, then re-insert it next to the vader directory. Mind you this is a quick fix and will replace kyle with your character in MP as well, so its just a quick fix that will substitute the model. Loading saved games with this method causes issues as well

So I just replace it...or no? I replace the aurra folder with one called Kyle, but have the Aurra files in it? And by the way, Cheshire, Spacemonkey...the model and the bot both kick MAJOR ASS...stupid little me had it set on Saber Only and didn't recognize it. ;) Thanks for the help peoples Sith and Cheshire. :)

you create a whole new directory in addition to aurra or vader, calling it kyle in the pk3, and putting the aurra/vader/solo etc files into that kyle directory

the key files you need are the skin files, the glm, and textures to go into the kyle dir

there is a way...

ljust like you replaced the model, you can replace the sounds.... make a new dir sounds/chars/kyle again in the folder, and you can replace kyle's sayings with whatever you like

extract the assets1.pk3 and that should have the sound files from all characters in there, you can see the naming scheme for each kyle sound, etc

Archived