Home

Model For Download

spacermonkey

you mustve missed this up there

Spacemonkey said:

"My tutorial is almost done, the folks at Raven have it currently and are reviewing it. Its a pretty fat document abou 6megs zipped. It covers the whole basic process on how to get a model in game. How many pages you say? 27 pages of pure agony (6,200 words). Picks are included.

I may do some more detailed tutorials at a later date when I've got a decent website setup."

That's awesome. I got the model and the sounds to replace Kyle perfectly...but when I tried doing it for the reborn, I got the sounds to work...and the skin worked, but the reborn model was stll the reborn model...had the hood and all...but the Aurra skin...

Delmar: One of the things we learned in the process, is that the models should probably be modeded around the Skeleton from the tools. So alot of the deformation issues with the first slew of model wiil probably be related, since all the models you've seen so far were near finished (as far as modeling goes) before the tools were released.

For future models modelers should delete all but the skeleton from the XSI files and begin modeling around them to get everything just right. I think, and hope, this will cure most of the weirdness of JO modeling we have run into.

For these models you have to re adjust alot of vertice' to get them to deform correctly, and from what Monkey told me, it's a real chore.

Originally posted by Dark Cloak

That's awesome. I got the model and the sounds to replace Kyle perfectly...but when I tried doing it for the reborn, I got the sounds to work...and the skin worked, but the reborn model was stll the reborn model...had the hood and all...but the Aurra skin...

I got replaced the reborn with aurra earlier and kyle, after sithlord 2 gave some advice on this. Well make sure you unzip the pk3, including the structure (folders). Go through them and rename the two folders which are called Aurra - to reborn. And then zip it all up again and it will work - however because there are several skins for the reborn depending on what type of reborn you are fighting, you will get thos rebonr skins on aurra.

Basically she replaces the yellow suited reborn - but if your are fighting say the blue reborn then it will apply that skin to her body. I way round this would be to create severl new .skin configs and place them in the folder with aurra (they could be duplicates of her current default.skin file) but name them like the other redborn skin files.

Complicated? no, unzip your assets0.pk3 and go to the reborn folder and see what I mean.

man all i got to say is this is probably the best and foremost feature of this game.. its the creative drive in all of us that allows the star wars saga to explode in our imaginations.. and in turn it truly inspires.. when i see examples of a conversion, such as this one.. it makes me excited to see that art work such as this one.. in short all i can honestly say is that its truly beautiful and it signifies another idea as well.. it is the first of many excellent peices of work.. my hats off to you and to all the others that contribute to the pleasure of gaming..!

that is odd, but dont worry as soon as I get my website setup with a decent host I'll put together a single player replacement of her - so that people can just download it. I also noticed because the reborn have alot of comments (sound clips) and aurra doesnt have one to replace each of them they would occasionally say one of their own lines, lol. That can easily be fixed though with a little duplicating aurra's sounds and renaming them so that theres one for each of the reborns sounds, but like I said I'll get a premade one done soon as I can.

Btw if theres any mappers who are creating a single player map feel free to use her in it. I made this model for the community so I want to see it get used.

hm wrote a long post to praise lord spacemonkey but those damn lucasforums told me they were to busy to handle it

grrrr

ok again.. but it doesnt sound that dramatic now:

THX TO SPACEMONKEY AND CHESIREH FOR THAT WONDERFUL MODEL!

i cant hardly wait to get your tut monkey

Hehe, Thanks everyone.

KowKlown, Aurra has very few "good" reference pics on the web, so we went to other reference's for her too, so there's a mix.

Some of the refereces I used were Comics and the Action Figure. If Monkey did the same, then that's why the hair is wide. Personally I like the hair alot. Especially the polyflow monkey has on it, but that's just me...

hehehehehehe!!!

yes her hair is very different if you check out starwars outlander - starwars bountyhunter Aurra sing (both are comics). I drew my reference for the hair from those sources, in which her hair tends to spread out at the back, hence the thick mass of hair on the model.

Archived