Home

1.03 SUCKS! Boycott Them ALL!!

jk2sucks

Well, the interesting thing is that crashing a dedicated server like this is illegal and punishable by law. If anyone goes and crashes my dedicated server like this, their IP address will be in my servers logs. I can perform a traceroute on this IP, and the last hop before it reaches its destination will most likely be the offenders ISP. I can then perform a whois lookup at verisign or interNIC on the domain name the ISP has in their hostmask to get their administrative and technical contact addresses. Finally, I can write an email, giving the ISP the date and time said IP performed vandalism upon another server, state the relevant laws that describe why it is illegal and ask that they penalize the offender while reminding them that they too will be responsible if I receive subsequent attacks from the offending party.

All of this will take a total of 5 minutes, and I am prepared to do this is someone decides to come and spoil the fun for the... *checks* ... 6 people who are currently playing on Cargo bay 72.

Archived