Home

Wired Lamp Studios mappack : released.

UniKorn

Originally posted by I Am Slug

A few gems, but some of the levels are pretty half-assed. Seems like they were going for quantity over quality.

A little information on the mappack. A few maps were dropped because mappers dropped out on me. I asked for a status report every week, and I hardly got any. There were maps that I only got a look at 1 week before the release. We had to fill those spaces up that were left empty. Tems map isn't in the mappack because I haven't heard from him. When we said 13 maps I was going to live up to that. If I hear from mappers that they will have their stuff finished in time, and they don't => nothing I can do. I know my duel_wls2 isn't that great. But I'd rather had 2 maps that are pretty nice (duel_wls 1 : headquarters and duel_wls3 : indy) than to put in 3 average maps.

well i finally checked it out...i gotta agree that it doesnt live up to the hype. granted that all maps looks great. the architecture on few are really great. but for most of them, the actual functionality of the level lacks, imo. Many of them are just rooms with maybe a platform or two. one of them has an elevator in the middle...woo hoo.

there doesnt seem to be anything there that screams "play me over any of the other ones!" Tems's At At map and tattooine map looked like they promised not only pretty eye candy, but also mutliple levels, hiding places etc to play around.

and also, is there a reason you used 13 separate .pk3's rather than just one? it just clutters up my base folder =/

-Abs

For play value I think I kept only 3 of the levels. 1, 5, and 11. The two levels by Jester are totally amazing.. but already have them from earlier DL's.

The Indy temple map was nice to look at, but I don't think it had enough room to really move around in and fight there.

The wierd dragon-named map was just odd. Looked nice, but it didn't have any sort of Star Wars feel to it.

I look forward to seeing more map packs by you guys though. Hoping for some really nice CTF levels if you continue through with them. :)

Archived