Home

First impressions *does SP get better?*

deliverance

Usually it's rare that games outside of the Final Fantasy or Squaresoft make lure me . . . DF II was one of them.

A friend of mine was playing Max Payne and I was drawn to it, so I got it and passed it. Love its kung fu mod ;) .

I also started getting into modding max payne, can't do anything much since schools keeping me busy.

I got a bundle of cash and rememering JK I brought fond memories I bought JK II.

Unfortunately finals got in the way. So I didn't play much, and managed to complete the first few levels . . .

I noticed Max Payne handles system resources (800 athlon's not much anymore ;) ) much better and its graphics are more detailed than JK II (I had to turn down some of JK II's features). Yet JK II would be better if I tweaked my system (reminiscing Half Life MP days hehe). . .

Playing is lots of running around, and pressing buttons . . . but no force use yet . . .

Maybe I'm just jumping the gun, but JK II seems a bit boring. Capping stormies is great . . . Although I find myself playing the MP portion with bots (and getting killed alot while fumbling with force powers) more than the SP. And I don't want to jump into MP online as SP always shows me how to play (it did in half life).

So when do you get Force and light sabre? Is it in the 2nd or 3rd levels? In JK I I didn't recall the pre-sabre / force action as boring as it is in JK II

I didn't want to spoil myself with the faq or cheats either.

So does SP get better or what? Or is the true gem of JK II in MP?

And as much as possible don't give me any of that "14/\/\3r A13r7" or "stop whining, n00b, I 0wnzerz j00" cuzz I get enough junk from work. I know certain personalities tend to that nature, but curb it and hold the dog back.

Anyways have nice gaming weekend.

Studying is so difficult when your girlfriends keep calling to go out

I won't tell you when you get the force and lightsaber, but the game really picks up after that. It was kinda repititious (sp) to just wade through stormtroopers over and over again (ala Doom or Quake). But when you get the light saber and getting more and more powerful with the force, then the game really starts to rock.

Well, without giving too much away, the early levels are as follows (slight spoiler below):

Level 1 is the imperial base

Level 2 is the prison mines

At the end of level 2, there's a cutscene, and Kyle goes to the jedi academy.

Level 3 has no enemies, but some puzzles. You get your lightsaber at at the end of this level, and force push, pull, speed and jump level 1 as well.

Level 4 is the first time you get to fight enemies with lightsaber, but there are a lot of snipers on this level

Level 5 is the first level where you can effectively use the saber.

Level 6 sees you escape from the place where levels 4, 5 and 6 take place.

Level 7 is the first place you meet an opponent witha lightsaber.

IMO, the game gets a LOT better after you get the saber and force powers. I barely switched to any other wweapons after level 6, because it was just so much fun to use it :]

hehe be glad with that girlfriend and dont throw her away like that other guy on the forums last did that would be stupid... :)

well about the game, believe me, I was bored with the first 4 levels too, but after that it totally rocked, (although I loved shootin stormies but it got boring... heh... HEY YOU THERE what did you say? ;))

well aiee said pretty much everythinf :D:fett:

I'll put it this way:

On the first few levels I was so confused by the level design evetually I had a savegame called "F*ck this game!". The when I finally got my lightsaber, I shut up. It was amazing. Dear lord. The first lightsaber battle... I got goosebumps. Force powers? Excellent... you feel truly powerfull once you get them.

It does all seem a bit dull before you get your best toys, but afterwards is sooooo rewarding.

I went back and played the first few levels with force/lightsaber and they are infinately cooler :D.

by far, the worst level in that game was the detention block, after kejemm, before the saber & force...it was boring, and i knew it, the only thing that kept me playing is hope that the lightsaber would come soon, but as soon as you get to the 'topside' level, the game is automaticly good...you fight with the planatary defence guns, you fight ATST's, you have a reason to do what your doing, and it leads to a great plot turn, just play on, and wait untill you get past the first few levels.

...I really, really, REALLY hated the rodian snipers on the level after I had just gotten my saber. you'd think that after teasing us with promises of the ultimate fanboy-toy for 3 excruciating missions and one extremely long cutscene, they'd let us play with it a little more.

Right before you're able to get your lightsaber:

**SLIGHT SPOILER**

You run into someone else that uses a saber and the force (and all you have are standard weapons), and [he/she/it] owns you completely, showing you how powerful you can be as a Jedi. That makes it all the more exciting when you go to get your own lightsaber and go down the road to remaster the Force. I think the early levels where you use standard weapons helps build your appetite so that when you finally fight someone that uses a saber, you really can feel how powerful they are, and it's all the more exciting then when you go to seek out your own.

Archived