Home

Another Uninformed Question

Southring

Heya guys. I know this has most likely been asked before-- on quite a few differing levels, I'm sure --yet my scouring of the boards has come up with very little proof of this.

So bear with me.

I remember somewhere-- was it Massassi.net? --where someone changed the player's model in Single Player to something else entirely. I was wondering how to do this-- particularly with a custom skin. I was hoping to port over that new Anakin Skywalker model and skin to the single player game. Perhaps I'll replace someone else with Obi-Wan.

I'm weird like that.

Okay, so, no flames, please. If you can link me to where this has been described previously, I'd be most indebted. Right now, I'm just dying for a way to do this.

Sorry if it's been asked before. I'm new. Don't hurt me.

-- A. Southring

all you have to do to insert another model in place of kyle's in SP take the PK3 file for say, anakin, go into that folder, and modify the anakin folder for be named kyle

the sounds will all still be kyle's but it will use the model within the modified kyle directory, you don't want to forget the skin files and textures.

Thanks for the reply, but you kind of lost me on the techno-speak. See, I'm an idiot. Quite a large and obvious one at that.

If you could, please, kindly walk me through the process... Well, I'll kiss your feet and call you Zeus!

:)

unzip the kyle folder under models/players/kyle in the assets0.pk3

file in your JediKnight2/gamedata/base folder (just to see where things belong to)

use winzip or winrar

then get the pk3 file of the model you want to play with in sp

extract it to somewhere else.. for example your desktop

change the folder name ... say you wanna use the anakin skin:

change the anakin folder in the extracted models/players

directory to kyle...

zip without compression and rename to anakinSP.pk3

move this file into your gamedata/base folder

start a new game.. enjoy

Well, it isn't working...

I've done everything I was told to do-- I opened up the Anakin.pk3, and changed the folder named 'Anakin' to 'Kyle.' I zipped the entire thing (All folders) without compression, and put it in my base folder.

Nothing happened.

Do I need to rename every skin file, replacing 'Kyle' where 'Anakin' is? I'm sort of lost-- if someone patient can help me with this, I'd be forever indebted.

Archived