Home

help

master steve

i am trying to re skin a model and am using the raven step by step guide and it was going fine up untill step three:

3) Now open up the .jpg and .tga files in that directory and modify whichever ones you want to, then save them out *under a different name*. When you do, find the name of the image file you modified in the new .skin file you copied and replace the name of the original image file with the name of the new one you just saved. (When we release the model viewer, you'll be able to preview your work).

I edited the .jpg and .tga files I wanted to and saved them under a different name and then I get stuck I cant really understand the instructions after that, could anyone explain to me what to do? it would be greatly apreciated :ewok:

if I understood what you are asking, you have all your texture skins extracted from the original pk3 file.

So the next step in editing the skin is to open the jpg, or tga file and edit it! Once you have finished editing it you just save it under a new name in jpg or tga format.

Ex: I want to create a new skin called JOHN using kyle has a model.

First I extract the kyle PK3 file.

Then i RENAME the kyle folder I extracted (...models/players/kyle <--- this one) to JOHN.

I start editing his face and when I am finished I save it under the name john_face.jpg. (for example)

Now I edit the default.skin file to point to my new face. so I open the default.skin file with notepad and change all occurances of the original face.jpg wiht john_face.jpg.

I use modview to check the results. (you can find modview in the JKII editing tools)

I hope I have been clear, good luck editing

ok dont laugh but here is my first atempt lol, i wanted to make a more traditional looking jedi with the traditional brown clothing and hood. and i based it on my self :p ok no insults please its only my first attempt:

myfirstskin.jpg

any way i have a small prpblem i go into jk2 and my icon is there in setup. But when i start a game my icons not on the list.

Can any one make some suggestions as to what i should try to make it work? thanks :ewok:

Archived