Home

Saber Specials.. an idea

SJD_Culexus

This will sound a little whiney, but dont get me wrong, im a patch lubber :D

Thing is, a lot of people before were complaining about how overpowered DFA was, and the patch has adressed this, after a fashion... but now what I'm seeing is people still using it constantly, whether in duels or FFA, or just using the backstab moves.... in some cases it has got so silly half the people in any FFA games are moonwalking into fights just so they can get a stab in and get the quick kills.

It's not that I or any player cant do these moves, just for me it takes away from the whole 'sabering' experience, and makes swinging the actual saber practically useless.

So I thought... wouldnt it be nice if people couldnt use the moves constantly, and they actually became the 'special' moves they were intended to be?

The easiest way to do this would be to make all the saber specials use force power. Lets say on a full force bar you have enough force to use DFA 2 or 3 times. And so on for all the other moves. After all, if a backflip uses force, why shouldnt a backstab?

This would lead to a much more considered style of play. On 'No Force' servers you would have to really time your specials and use them wisely... making combat more like combat instead of a michael jackson impression match. On full force servers you can choose between using that grip or DFA'ing your opponnents head.

Overall, I think it would work out for a more interesting sabering experience. Of course, people will disagree, but I'd like you know all yer thoughts on the idea ;)

Peace

least this man has thought about it!

and yes why not make it what it is suppose too be "SPECIAL"

i didnt know speical meant u can do it non stop all the time because your special in some stupid way

i took special too be, it was abit harder too pull off, and u had too use your brain too pull it off too use against others well

so like the mediun flip over, if u flip in the middle of no where, u hit nothing, u do it as somone attacks and u do it well u hurt/take them out

its also like the double tap thing!! at first it was nothing, now it was stated in the patch, if a kick someone of the ledge or anything like that, i am now lame lol

make Specials what there supposed too be, SPECIAL

and not somin u can do non stop over and over again ;)

/me consults yoda

"strong is this patch.....but many problems still i see"

the wubly green man has spoken :D

Actually, I think this is a very good idea.. after all, we have to spend force points on saber attack on full force and partial force games to be able to have all of the styles, so a system like this where "special moves" consume force, even on NF servers where the force meter is quickly depleted, would actually be quite appropriate.

I'm in support of this concept 100%... the way the special moves are now, it's like playing Street Fighter 2 and constantly doing Guile's Sonic Boom until the opponent dies. :o

How about instead of using your force energy, you have a second bar, a combo bar (ala marvel vs capcom) that fills up as you pull off regualr combos and/or hits, and you can only pull of the "special moves" once this bar reaches a certain level, and it uses a portion of this combo bar to activate the "special moves". If you stop fighting for more than a few seconds it decreases gradually (so people don't save up combo energy from one fight wait quitely sabre down in a corner somewhere, and then go for a 1 hit wonder on another player).

Thoughts?

I think it would be good because you'd need to do the regular moves first and the "specials" would be like finishing moves, which you can only use once you've earned them. The fact that it decreases means you could only backstab as it was intended, i.e if your fighting someone in front of you, and another player suprise attacks from behind.

Either that or make the back stab a very slow heavy stance move that requires the character to spin round so their back is facing the enemy(obi wan does this in Ep1), there fore they'll be exposed for ages.

On another point i think the camera should have a zoom in/out in 3rd person so you can see people running up behind you.

RAVEN FOR THE LOVE OF ALL JK2'ers GET IN HERE!!!!

this is a brilliant idea, and it sure would stop the whole server doing mass Backstab

i just been playing for 6 hours, and ever server was just a mass backstab-backswing attack game, no other moves what so ever , even the Padawan n00bie named peeps where doing it :o

so my god , put this idea into action and get 1.4 out :p

here, here! applause for a man who acts instead of whining. what a great solution...force powers for everything "special". You could return dfa to its original glory, knowing no one could spam it! and backstab would leave you vulnerable to force attacks on a ctf/ffa server. no one would spam if it meant they would be slaughtered seconds afterwards. i think it should cost about half of your force on one of these hail mary attacks.

Blocking should also cost something. maybe a very small health loss per attack? you would be weakened physically from blocking a saber strike, even if it didn't hit you...why not incorporate that too? it would balance blocking, and speed up the endless matches that i have been watching instead of playing.

I eagerly await ravens reply to this thread.

Archived