Home

Infernal Machine and XP

joanieS

No problem with the game when using my old computer with Windows 98. Now, new computer plus Windows XP (ugh!) has allowed me to run the game o.k. except for the interface. I have to keep control-alt-deleting and restarting in order to get about one shot at using the interface. Everytime a larger object is picked up, like a health kit, the screen turns the color of whatever it is I am trying to pick up and I can only see the round interface circle in the lower left hand corner. When I restart the game, everything is o.k. until I try to pick up something again. Can someone tell me the best settings in options to help this, or tell me whatever will solve this problem? :confused:

What a dummy I am! With all the fiddling I have had to do installing old games with XP and using the compatability window, I totally forgot about that since Indy installed and loaded and I was actually able to start tghe game. Now, since I am up to like the 3rd level, is it possible to still enter the compatability choice in the middle of a game or do I have to reinstall?

Thanks so much for your suggestion.

What the heck has happened? I went ahead an uninstalled and reinstalled using the Windows 95 compatibility. In fact, I have done this 3 times. So, much weird stuff was happening when I tried to start Indy, that I had to restore my computer to yesterday. Now, when I try to start Indy, I get a message that says "Meditation Guru Failed". What in the world is this?

Archived