Home

How do i uninstall the new patch 1.03?

LDRsaber

^ Hey man, you are a smart mouth cock smoker. Lay the fuk off of this guy. If we were face to face, I would pick you up and snap your dumb ass in half for this kind of childishness.

There can be a problem with uninstalling and reinstalling 1.03.

You need to uninstall the defective version (1.03), REBOOT, reinstall the working version (1.02) straight off the CD, REBOOT and then give it a try. You probably got the all-white screen that I did after uninstalling. This will get you going again.

And there are plenty of places ready to welcome you for a good game of 1.02. I just started one last night and I'm about to move it to a server with much better bandwidth. Also, stop by NuclearFallout.net and give me a shout!

Rejoice nOObs! This patch is for YOU!

Hi LDRsaber,

Besides uninstalling the game, and then reinstalling as already suggested, you will also need to remove assets2.pk3 from your /base dir (or if you don't want to delete it, you can move it to a different directory, or back it up by renaming it to assets2.pk3_BAK

Whichever option you choose, make sure the file assets2.pk3 no longer exists in /base ir.

Also, before you uninstall 1.02, you might want to back up the 1.03 .exe file.

So, in the long run, if you want to run 1.03, use the 1.03 .exe and place assets2.pk3 back into /base, and if you want to use 1.02, then use the 1.02 exe and remove assets2.pk3 from /base dir

Hope this helps - good luck!

Archived