Home

OK. HOW THE HECK do you do the BUTTERFLY MOVE!??!

kblegolas

Me and a friend were practicing on a server alone, and we both were able to do it a few times, but other times we were frustrated like crazy. It involved us pressing forward+jump+attack but don't know exactly how to do it, or under which circumstances u can do it in. It's also a YELLOW STANCE move. If anyone has any info on it, PLEASE shed light on this move... thanks!

The butterfly move is impossible to do at this moment, unless you download a mod that changes some animations around.

The key to getting the special move to work is to be kinda close to your opponent, keep pressing forward, jump, then hit attack, all rather quickly. You'll pull it off sometimes, other times you won't.

Happy Gaming. :)

Actually, you dont need to be close, the key is you need to have your crosshair on your opponent when you hit the forward, jump and attack buttons. It will work every time as long as your crosshair is red.

-ed

I'm not sure I've seen the butterfly then, can't wait til it gets into a new patch though :D

The cartwheel medium "finisher" move is as has been said here, a matter of having your crosshair over your target, so it is red, and then pressing forward+jump+attack.

I practiced this vs a bot for about an hour (as I'm a medium stancer generally) and found that you get a rhythm going that lets you pull it off 90% of the time. Pressing all three at once doesn't do it very often.

From my experience:

I know that you have to tap attack and not hold it down, to get it more consistent. And I'm fairly certain you have to hold forward also. I'm not certain if you have to tap jump and then a few microseconds later tap attack, or press and hold jump and a few microseconds later press attack., but the few microseconds appears to help consistency too. Its one of those "I know I can do it, I'm just not sure of the exact actions I perform, except how they feel" moments :)

Incidentally its a very very very useful move vs anyone not using strongstyle chops, as your body is most out of reach, and if you rotate on landing so the saber is aimed at your target you can keep them off you while you recover your balance. It is also one of the only medium stance moves that can break through defences fairly consistently. Even people crouched in a corner will take damage from it, if timed right.

Oh, and did I mention it looks incredibly cool if done "properly", ie to jump over an charging enemy while striking at their head :D

As far as I remember, the sequence is forward, wait 1ms, jump, wait 1ms, attack.

The delay is seriously short, like as short as you can humanly get without pressing at the same time.

If you're really stuck with it still I guess I can go hack up some bots with it and try and concentrate on what I'm actually pressing, but hell experimentation is half the fun right? :D

Before anyone decides to run the temperature up, I'm no expert, just relaying my experiences to help a jedi down on his/her luck :)

Just as an FYI, I just spent 10 minutes on the jedi council duel map (sweet map btw :)) practicing it.

Press and hold forward, wait 1ms, tap jump, release forward, tap attack.

I'm fairly confident thats the requirement. I'm sure Raven employees are going to find it funny if I'm wrong :)

I occasionally managed to get some weird hybrid between the cartwheel and the jumping figure8 slice, where he would do a horizontal figure 8 in midair and then land like at the end of the cartwheel. Most bizarre, and almost impossible to reproduce on demand, but I think it involved doing the cartwheel move while in midair *and* your opponent is in midair. Keeping you crosshair on someone in midair while you're in midair is tough :)

I guess 3 guys could find out, one guy grip another, lift him into the air, third guy try and cartwheel him in midair :)

Archived