Home

The best way to play JK II...

jedye 9t9

I've been playing jkii pretty much non stop since I got it...but I have to admit I was getting a little down about the gameplay about 8 levels into it. The problem was it was basically still a shooter.

Now I understand the storyline and all. At the beginning Kyle has given up his powers and gets them back about a 3rd of the way through the story. The problem is that they introduce his force powers the same way they did in the first game...slowly and gradually mission by mission. So you never end up with any real "Jedi" action until very late in the game.

Here's what I had in mind when I first heard of jedi outcast. "COOL! I get to whip ass like Obi Wan and Qui Gon Jin!". Nooooo such luck! The truth is you still need blasters, rifles, and bombs just as much if not more so than your light saber and force powers to succeed when you first get your powers back. I wanted to be a purist once his character took up the lightsaber again. Just like Obi Wan and Qui Gon - no primitive blasters or thermal detonators, just the force and a lightsaber! And I didn't want to wait until the last 4 missions of the game to do that!

But here's where it gets cool (or CAN get cool if you want to do it this way). There is one very, very big improvement in JKII as opposed to the first game. The light saber is a very effect defense against blasters! I don't know if you remember in the first game but it only blocked shots about half the time. Definitely NOT ala Obi Wan! So...anyone know a cheat code????

Now before you fly off the handle remember how I wanted to play this game. I wanted to be a pure Jedi. Force powers, light saber, and NOTHING else. So to do this takes some self discipline on the part of the player.

At the start of every mission (starting with #8 when he gets his powers back) enter the following cheat codes:

Shift+~ to access ingame console

type "devmapall" to activate codes

setforcejump 3

setforcespeed 3

setforcepush 3

setforcepull 3

setforceheal 3

setforcemindtrick 3

...these are the force powers......also "force grip" (setforcegrip 3) and "force lightning" (setforcelightning 3) but I do not use those as they are evil powers...

setsaberthrow 3

setsaberdefense 3

setsaberoffense (1-3, depending on the style you want)

...these are your lightsaber abilities...finally for a really nice touch...

sabercolor (red, green, purple, yellow, blue, orange)

And wabang! You're a Jedi! Now here's the tricky part. Play the levels using ONLY your light saber and force powers. Believe me it's a lot harder than it looks...no cheating! No thermal detonators, disruptor rifles, heavy repeaters, pulse guns, bowcasters, free health, ammo, or armor! It really makes for a tremendous gameplay experience!

Oh and by the way...these are nifty too...

drive_atst

fly_xwing

g_saberrealisticcombat 1 (I think this is my favorite code…>;)

Anybody got a take on this way to play? Or any other nifty codes?

You missed out all the dark powers (dunno if this was intentional or what). The quicker way to do all force except the dark side would be to enable the cheats the way u said, then type

setforceall 3

setforcelightning 0

setforcegrip 0

It's much quicker, especially if you bind it to something that u can press at the start of every level:

bind k "devmapall ; setforceall 3 ; setforcelightning 0 ; setforcegrip 0"

2 Other nice touches, which I think count as cookies are

setsaberoffence 5

setforcemindtrick 4

At level 4, saberoffence lets you access to another style, the one Desann uses in the game. He uses one hand for quick attacks, and they are very powerful (as powerful as red, and it is quicker) you can also string attacks together indefinitely.

At level 5, it lets you access Tavion's style, which is very fast (faster even than blue) and still quite powerful.

Level 4 mindtrick allows you to take control of the enemy ;) u will drive them like a vehicle (unfortunately this can get annoying since u can't get out of their bodies, and other enemies shoot you) fun for shooting their friends (their weapons have massive rates of fire on them for some reason) and then jumping them off cliffs :evil1:

g_saberrealisticcombat 1 is definitely the best command though :D

You can also set it to 2 and 3, which do more damage than 1 (this gets a bit too silly when u tap them with your saber and all their limbs fall off)

Archived