Home

MODs feature in setup????

The Blind Jedi

Ya know, it was very thoughtful to include a "MOD" feature in setup, presumeably to help manage the HUGE amounts of cool (and sometimes no-so-cool) user MODs.

So......HOW DOES IT WORK? The game manual gives no indications, all my pk3 files are "pk'd" into my GameData/base directory, with no sense of organization. Was this MOD feature supposed to serve a purpose? Or is this just for developers? Is this meant for some future "Outcast expansion?" Please! Help us (me) understand! Would be nice if this feature allowed me to go in, and dynamically, and easily manipulate all these MODS.

Well im gonna assume you think you know what your talking about but dont! try making a folder in your base folder label it "MODN00B" and then turn on the game and go to the mod feature. As far as i know they havnt released the source code so no real mods have been created. Most ive seen are subtle changes to the original gameplay of JKO. pcz :newbie:

The0ne,

Thanks for the info. YOu're quite right, I don't know, tho I never claimed or pretended. But, ya learn something new every day. Tahnks! "He who claims to be wise surely doesn't know....anything." I"ll give your suggestion a spin when I get a chance. :)

:lightning Maybe that reply was abit harsh. I think your confusing models with mods. Mods are either different games (same game code just altered abit for a different gameplay)

compare Quake 3 - mod = Urban terror

same game tottaly diff

Archived